Did 8000+rpm tune brake your engine or not ?!

Whitecoyote2012

Established Member
first of all i don't know shaun from AED personally and i don't meet him any time

but this dude is crazy good tuner

my story with my car is , i have 2012 mustang gt 5.0 coyote automatic trans and i've bought it directly from ford dealer in my area in september 2012

in 2013 i decided to bolt ons with boss IM my car and a lot of local tuners tune the car for me but the performance was not good and the rev limiter was 7200 rpm

then i email shaun and he tune the car for me ( email tune ) and the rev limiter was above 8000rpm

and a lot of my friends told me this rev limiter is high and it will brake your engine

the years told me this is not true

we are now in august 2017

i street race and drag racing it for 4 years with this tune with 8000rpm

and nothing has happened with the engine or transmission ( thank god )

mileage for my car is : 130000

and the car now is the fastest bolt ons coyote in my area

so my message is don't hear anything and believe it you have to test by your self to see if this a true or not

LTD5.0

Established Member
I will be receiving my Cobra jet intake this week. Shaun will be doing the tune. I can't wait to spin it to 8,000 rpm!

Whitecoyote2012

Established Member
I will be receiving my Cobra jet intake this week. Shaun will be doing the tune. I can't wait to spin it to 8,000 rpm!
You will be happy with the car , and what i like about shaun he tuned for me with poor quality pump gas and the car perform good ! So if you tuned your car with E85 it will be crazy fast

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
port the intake. it matters. and use a oval throttle body. witout that throttle body your torque will be no better than a boss.

Whitecoyote2012

Established Member
port the intake. it matters. and use a oval throttle body. witout that throttle body your torque will be no better than a boss.
I have 2 of my friends has cobra jet intake setup with twin 65mm throttle body with +8000rpm tune by shaun and the performance is good i will tell them to port their intake manifolds

LTD5.0

Established Member
I plan on cleaning up/smoothing out the manifold. It's a new batch, I know that because I had to wait a month for it to ship. Maybe they have fixed the poor manufacturing. We'll see. I'll be using a twin 67mm throttle body and the Ford Racing CAI. Got the package from CFM.

Whitecoyote2012

Established Member
I plan on cleaning up/smoothing out the manifold. It's a new batch, I know that because I had to wait a month for it to ship. Maybe they have fixed the poor manufacturing. We'll see. I'll be using a twin 67mm throttle body and the Ford Racing CAI. Got the package from CFM.
I recommend to use JLT CAI not ford racing CAI

assasinator

Established Member
I have 2 of my friends has cobra jet intake setup with twin 65mm throttle body with +8000rpm tune by shaun and the performance is good i will tell them to port their intake manifolds

It is critical to use the monoblade with the CJ. If I simply changed to a twin 65 from my monoblade my torque would drop from 410rwtq to 379. The torque of a CJ manifold is no better than a boss manifold without the scj monoblade. The oval throttle body is the principal advantage of the CJ. I make more torque than my stock manifold with the rest of my mods.

assasinator

Established Member
A ported boss matches the POWER AND torque of a untouched cobra jet manifold with a twin 65mm throttle body. It's a fact.

Also, when I port my CJ, add a CJ electric water pump, and l&m intake cams i WILL make 500 rwhp and a bit more torque than the 410 I make now.

96gt02

Established Member
Who is your car tuned by? Im curious how the monoblade gained you 30ft lbs over a twin 65, i could see maybe 10. I spoke with AED Shaun in length about the proper setup for the SCJ which im going to this weekend and he said he tested the VMP twin 67mm vs the monoblade on his personal car and the only difference was the monoblade made 8hp more at 7700 RPM i believe. Now i could understand the twin 67mm is going to flow more than a 65mm but not a 30 lb difference

assasinator

Established Member
Who is your car tuned by? Im curious how the monoblade gained you 30ft lbs over a twin 65, i could see maybe 10. I spoke with AED Shaun in length about the proper setup for the SCJ which im going to this weekend and he said he tested the VMP twin 67mm vs the monoblade on his personal car and the only difference was the monoblade made 8hp more at 7700 RPM i believe. Now i could understand the twin 67mm is going to flow more than a 65mm but not a 30 lb difference
Shaun tuned me. There are millions dyno results and torque losses from a twin versus mono.

Torque. The HP difference is a little, but the torque using a twin is no better than a boss manifold. And it is a 30 lb-ft difference. I don't care either way. I have a monoblade and 410 rwtq. The CJ cars that get raped and wonder why use twin 65 or twin anything else.

96gt02

Established Member
Shaun tuned me. There are millions dyno results and torque losses from a twin versus mono.

Torque. The HP difference is a little, but the torque using a twin is no better than a boss manifold. And it is a 30 lb-ft difference. I don't care either way. I have a monoblade and 410 rwtq. The CJ cars that get raped and wonder why use twin 65 or twin anything else.

Can I see your dynos of mono vs twin?

noldevin

Established Member
Going from headers/no cats/cai, to ported cj/twin 67/pmas intake/ADDED CATS, I lost like 3 tq at peak, but gained tq everywhere except from 3500-4500.
So no, you don't need a monoblade to make better tq than a boss mani. The twin 67 is extremely close to the monoblade. We also tested a twin 72 and it made 0 difference anywhere on the chart.

Unfortunately with every combo we tested, it looks like I get valve float at 7600-7700.

b5252dfa7f8d5ca4000a620b23dba66c.jpg

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
Going from headers/no cats/cai, to ported cj/twin 67/pmas intake/ADDED CATS, I lost like 3 tq at peak, but gained tq everywhere except from 3500-4500.
So no, you don't need a monoblade to make better tq than a boss mani. The twin 67 is extremely close to the monoblade. We also tested a twin 72 and it made 0 difference anywhere on the chart.

Unfortunately with every combo we tested, it looks like I get valve float at 7600-7700.

b5252dfa7f8d5ca4000a620b23dba66c.jpg

Glad to see this! from my second favorite tuner BTW. Was the first combo with a Boss or CJ mani?

noldevin

Established Member
Just to clarify, i went from
ARH 1-3/4 longtubes with offroad H, stock intake mani, airaid CAI, popular datalogged email tune
to
ARH 1-3/4 longtubes with hi-flow cattted h, ported cj, twin 67, pmas intake, spec 2+ clutch and aluminum flywheel, wicked motorsports dyno tune

Also to note: the pmas doesn't fit on the twin 67, he had to do some... convincing.
And the spec 2+ is having some release issues similar to what is being seen on the s550 ones so, that will be fun to address as well

Users who are viewing this thread