Diamond racing wheels

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I am thinking about buying a set of 16" 5.5 back space Avenger series rims from them. I will use them for racing only and I want to use a MT ET street 26x11.50 tire.

From there site.
This wheel has a .075" thick spun steel rim shell that has a large 13.30" dropwell diameter and a long back bell. This allows more room for the larger brake combinations being used. Optional centers, bolt patterns and many backspace choices allow you to spec this wheel to fit your vehicle.

Has anyone ever used these and will they fit my cobra. Is that the correct back spacing? I have the H&R race springs.

Thanks in Advance,

VPF

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Alot of cobra owners have used them. What width are you looking to get. 16x10 with a 6 or 6.5 bs would probably work, but maybe someone will chime in that actually has them.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
BlackSabbath said:
They fit perfectly with the IRS. I use them with 26x11.5x16 ET Streets.

What back spacing do you use? What IRS up-grades do you run? I know a guy who ran slicks with nothing but a BF IRS brace and never hurt anything. He launched at 4,000 after heating them up real good. He had a line lock also.

KB04Cobra said:
Do you have a solid axle or Level 5's?

Stock IRS with the BF brace.

VPF

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I was a little dissapointed to find that they wanted $150 a wheel for these. That seems like a lot compaired to some of the wheels I have seen on summit racing. I have seen 16X8 there for $65 a wheel. It's hard to believe and extra 2 inches would cost that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread