Diamond Racing Wheels and ET Streets

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Just mounted a pair of 26 x 11.5 ET Streets on 16 x 10 with 6" back spacing Diamond Racing Wheels. They may not be the best looking wheel in the world but for $125 each they will be just fine for driving to the track and back. There an easy fit with 5/8" clearance between the stock IRS bolt and tire with the wheel hanging in the worst case position. The ET street & Diamond wheel weigh exactly the same as my 275 Nitto on the stock wheel (47 lbs). I couldn't resist the temtation so I took them for a test drive to work. Major improvement over the Nitto DRs, in a straight line anyway:)

James - here's the pics I promised. Did you get yours yet?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Dean said
"http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/...WheelSeries.htm

Got them direct from diamond racing wheels. There 16x10 Avenger series. Looking at my receipt and they were $311 delivered. They custom build each wheel so I don't think you can buy them from any one else. "

I bought mine from a guy buying a Viper -- they had been run a couple of times.
If you want to spend a little more and get a slightly lighter wheel look at www.weldracing.com I was going down that path until I had an opportunity to pick up the (slightly) used diamonds ..

JW

Last edited:

matt lankford

all is sold
im getting a viper, not a z06, hehehe.

btw, they take a few weeks to make because they only stock the materials to make them. built to order if you will

matt lankford

all is sold
im looking for a 99 rt/10 (gotta have a open top here in fl), in 2000 the went from forged pistons to hyperpnuematic ones, so older is better. im going to put a roe s/c on it with a PP head job and some big hre rims

www.roeracing.com

raymer just got a gts and loves it.

Last edited:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
how much better do they hook than the nittos?
What is better do you think, your set up or 315's nitto DR's on the stock rim? Note, I will only install them at the track and drive home on the stock F1's

also, how easy is it to swap wheels? Is it just like a normal wheel swap or did you have to cut bolts etc (I heard something like that before???):shrug:

Im sure it looks fine when it is moving:coolman:

Last edited:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
00SVTdubs,

I'm using them for the first time tomorrow so I'll let you know. On my one quick trip down the street they are obsivously superior to the Nittos.

The wheels are a direct swap. No need to modify the IRS bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread