Diamond Engagement Ring: 1.15ct, I/VS2, platinum tiffany ring

Constable

Established Member
I'm single again!! :) Looking for something of equal or lesser value... not willing to "trade up". Let me know what you've got. Just so you know, a good jeweler would charge you in the neighborhood of $6,800.00 for this. A retailer would rake you over the coals to the tune of about $8,000.00. I'm not looking to make anything off this... I paid $5,500.00 for it cuz the people owed me a favor. Here's the info:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130219131785&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Item description:

"I shopped for over five months for this diamond... I guarantee that you will not find a similar stone with as much "pop" and brilliance as this one. Pictures do NOTHING for this diamond. It's amazing under normal lighting conditions (even in low-light). I looked at diamonds with much higher ratings for much more money, but this one truly looked better and glistened more. I had a $10,000 budget when buying, but chose this stone because it was actually better looking than it's more expensive counterparts.

The details: It's a 1.15 carat I/VS2 diamond. It is EGL certified... the certification report number is: US 38129201D. The stone has "EGL US 38129201D microscopically etched/engraved into the girdle for verification purposes. I purchased the stone loose and then bought a ring at the same jeweler. The setting itself is a platinum 4-prong Tiffany-style ring. It is ring size 4.5, but can be altered to fit whatever you need. I chose the 4-prong setting because platinum is much stronger then the typical gold settings. I felt very comfortable with less prongs in order to allow more light into the stone... making it sparkle more and it's just much more pleasing to the eye.

The story: I purchased this ring for a wonderful woman, but unfortunately, our relationship ended soon after. I was going to keep this for investment purposes, but have run into money issues and need to liquidate my "unneccessary" possessions. It is in BRAND NEW condition. It was worn for a few months, but is every bit new. It is listed as new according to Ebay's guidelines: "The ring is in brand new condition - for example, there are no marks or scratches on the metal, the stone and settings are not damaged in any way, and the ring is clean and polished."

I will only accept Paypal or Cash for this item. Full payment is due within 24 hours of auction closing OR immediately if using the Buy-it-Now option. I will not ship until the Paypal payment clears. It will be shipped UPS and heavily insured. You will have to sign for it when it arrives. Local pick up can be arranged. It will be at my local police department so that the transaction can be legally documented. A legal report will then be provided to the buyer and myself so that we have record of everything.

I will also have the ring professionally polished/cleaned by the original jeweler that sold it to me. If you know what ring size you want, I will also have those alterations performed free of charge."

Users who are viewing this thread