DIALBO SPORT CHIP

ford_lightning

Established Member
i just got a new chip for my 2002 lightning. We installed it and then we tested it. It ran the exact same time both times, with it off and on. I called the place where i got it and they told me that it took up to 80 miles for the computer to get used to the chip. What are u guys thoughts

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Put her on a Dyno to confirm......:shrug:

Member in Cali got a Mail Order chip & the Tuner never put in any timing at all :nonono: Plus u want to make sure the A/F checks out to be on a safe side of things..... .02

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
first off, its a diablo, thats the main reason...i had a diablo and i know, had it tuned 2x with no difference. then, i went with the JDM flip...damn what a difference. strong shifts, barks when changing...dude, get a JDM or atleast drive a Lightning that has one so you can see the difference.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
The Raven SVT
Superchips, Diablo or Autologic...its all on the Tuner bro.

Cant blame the chip if the so called Tuner didnt do this or that.
Dont get me wrong.... Ant Knee is cool & JDM is where i get my stuff but cant blame the chip.

:thumbsup:

ford_lightning

Established Member
OK But even i put it on a dyno and it did add say the 39hp it was supposed to add. And it runs the same time even with the chip something is wrong wright

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Strange....39hp netted off the chip & u didnt even pick up 1 tenth of a sec?

How Rich is ur program & how much Timing is added to it?
Personally with my NX Kit i netted 50rwhp & it did pick up 2 - 3mph but not on the ET....changed to a little bigger jet & it got me almost 1 tenth....but i em NOT a good example but i did see signs of improvement.

StangD281

Established Member
Post your 60ft, 1/8, and 1/4 numbers.

There has to be some discrepancy somewhere, or else the race program was not turned on during your runs.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ford_lightning
OK But even i put it on a dyno and it did add say the 39hp it was supposed to add. And it runs the same time even with the chip something is wrong wright

Lyle if you know your truck, you should def. feel a difference. Sounds like there might be something wrong with the chip.

ford_lightning

Established Member
i really cant feel a difference. After we put it in, we took it for a test drive and we were like awsome. Then we found out that it wasnt on, i think half the time its in your mind. OK right now i have a stock 02 L with flowmasters and i am running a 13:65 @100. Shouldn't the 39hp and the 47lbs of tq make it run almost high 12's. WIth the exhaust and chip thats like 440hp and 494lbs of tq

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Originally posted by ford_lightning
i really cant feel a difference. After we put it in, we took it for a test drive and we were like awsome. Then we found out that it wasnt on, i think half the time its in your mind. OK right now i have a stock 02 L with flowmasters and i am running a 13:65 @100. Shouldn't the 39hp and the 47lbs of tq make it run almost high 12's. WIth the exhaust and chip thats like 440hp and 494lbs of tq

Take it back and tell them there is no difference. If they continue to give you a hard time get a dyno with and without and show them the results. A diablo chip can be tuned in many different ways.

First of all Sweet times for a truck! Remind me not to F with lightnings. The 39 hp and 47 lbs tq are probably rated at the crank. To the wheels you would probably get a bit over 30 hp, and 40 lbs tq which would take about .2 off to .3 off the time you stated netting you a 13.3 best with traction.

The bottom line is you will truly never know unless you get it dyno'd. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread