diagnostic code ?'s....

blnpny

Banned
I have a Diag Code of D043, and d262..
do43 is Invalid or Missing data for traction control.
d262 missing scp message..
Any clue as to what they both mean..
I know it means there is a prob. so I dont need any funny answers..
help only please..
The vehicle has a custom flash, flash done 400 miles ago...
Thanks in advance..

FordFreak

Established Member
And what?

It talks about what to do when you get a code.
Try resetting your batt and see if they clear. They arent OBD codes like the article says. So dont worry about them.
I would call the dealer.

Last edited:

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
SCP is Standard Corporate Protocol, it is a communication language which is used to exchange bi-directional messages between stand-alone modules and devices. The data that some modules received from one another, if any, was invalid and is no cause for alarm, since the modules don't all communicate with KOEO. If you do not have an MIL illumination, don't worry about it.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
Do you have an MIL while driving, or just KOEO. The codes you posted are not DTCs and cannot be construed as such. You need access to a scan tool if you have an MIL while driving, cluster checks aren't going to cut it.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
So what you are saying is that the diag. codes while in test mode have nothing to do with the check engine light?
Dont take this question as sarcastic, we are merly trying to find out where th eproblem lies...
The check eng. light is on, and these are the only codes showing when we put the car in diag mode..
L.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Or, are you saying that the codes we found, are merly the "language" that is used by the vehicle?
In other words, a+b=c but should =d so I will turn the check engine light on...
Something like that?
L.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
This diagnostic mode is for checking the integrity of the instrument cluster module, and its ability to communicate UART data. It would be very suprising if this data can in any way be interpolated into a fix for the MIL.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
So the cluster check could simply reflect the settings incurred through the custom tune done a while back, and not necessarily be affiliated with the light being on?
L.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
Does the vehicle have an MIL while driving?? Or only KOEO?? If it is only on KOEO, this is normal. If it is on while driving, an instrument cluster integrity check is not going to give you the data required to fix it.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
That data is worthless to anyone but Ford engineers. Those codes do not indicate trouble or failure with any system or systems. It is just giving you insight into what it is doing utilizing SCP and UART. It means nothing. It is like asking "How long is a rope??" Without the supporting data, which you aren't seeing, it means nothing. Could it indicate a trouble source?? Sure. But this should not be used to trouble-shoot an MIL.

Last edited:

orange2004cobra

Established Member
We were,{or rather I was} under the impression that the codes stored which could be retrived in test mode, were th same that would appear if scanned...
L.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
"P" codes are powertrain, "C" codes are chassis, "B" codes are body and "U" codes are network codes. These are all four digit codes after the letter identifier (for a five charachter total). The "D" codes are just diagnostic codes can be any number of digits and are used for system integrity checks, not MIL issues. "D" codes may steer you on the right path, but it is highly unlikely.

Good Luck getting it straightened out.

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Hey evil04cobra,

You told them about the p codes but aren't you going to tell them the differance of when there is a 0 or a 1 as the first number after the p.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread