Diablosport Help

cobrapwr

Established Member
Just picked up a diablosport predator. On startup it reads 2004 Lightning. I have 99 Cobra w/no power adders. Can this tuner be programed for the 99.

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
Just going by what it reads on my diablo when it starts up, the answer is 'no.' It should say "Mustang' mine reads '2003 Mustang' when I start mine, I say you either got screwed on the deal or were simply sent the wrong tuner.
I would say it 'might' work (big might) if it was for a Mustang tuner; since Lightnings are not n/a and have other differences compared to the Mustang engine. If you got it from a diablo dealer I'd be calling them and explaining your problem.

Predatorbird

Established Member
sounds like you bought it used and the car it came from wasn't returned back to stock tune. i think diablosport might be able to flash it for you so it can be used on your car, but you will end up paying for everything what it would have cost brand new. i'd get in contact w/ the guy you bought it from and make sure he takes care of this issue.

if you bought it new then call diablosport immediately.

cobrapwr

Established Member
Thanks to you all.

Thanks for all your help. I did buy it used and certainly should have done more homework. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There isn't much more advice to give. The tuner sounds like it's still married to the other vehicle. In order to use it on your car the original owner will have to reset his tune back to stock Or you'll have to send it in to Diablosport to have it unlocked. I know SCT can do that, but it ain't cheap. Like what was said before, between the cost of the tuner and the cost to unlock it, you'll be able to buy a new one.

RoyWoods

Established Member
There isn't much more advice to give. The tuner sounds like it's still married to the other vehicle. In order to use it on your car the original owner will have to reset his tune back to stock Or you'll have to send it in to Diablosport to have it unlocked. I know SCT can do that, but it ain't cheap. Like what was said before, between the cost of the tuner and the cost to unlock it, you'll be able to buy a new one.

+1

If I were you, I'd just try and get my money back, and get an XCal2. I had HORRIBLE luck with the Diablosport.

Users who are viewing this thread