diablo with 4# tune?

littleflip_69

Established Member
for those that do have a diablo programmer and has the motoblue 4# pulley i was wondering if you could tell me what the WOT is set at and you spark advance is set at so i could kinda twinker with mine and get it around those settings you have so my truck might run a bit better over the wk end till i can get it dyno tune this tuesday....thanks junior

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
why not jsut put the canned pulley tune it for the oct gas you run...it is desinged for 13-14lbs of boost....may be a little rich but it will get ya around....just dont be jumping on it...

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
littleflip_69 said:
for those that do have a diablo programmer and has the motoblue 4# pulley i was wondering if you could tell me what the WOT is set at and you spark advance is set at so i could kinda twinker with mine and get it around those settings you have so my truck might run a bit better over the wk end till i can get it dyno tune this tuesday....thanks junior
are you talking about the canned tune or a custom tune??? if you have the predator already, it came with some tunes already written on it, so just load the right one up. and what WOT setting are you talking about, i believe there is more than one WOT setting you can mess with. if you can wait till this weekend where i can unload my custom tune, i will go load up a 4# tune and write down all the settings, but i dont see why i would have to if you have the predator already. what octane fuel are you running? that also makes a difference...

littleflip_69

Established Member
i got the 93 octane tune with pulley on it right now and its runnin like SHIT....everyone that rides in it says it seem slike its runnin lean and i got in the modify tune of hte 93 octane with pulley and went to the WOT settings nad went to the 1k-3.5k and richened it up two degrees and tehn did the same for the 3.5k-6k and it seemed like it helped a bit but then did it a bit more and it started runnin like crap again and i retarted the timing a bit and it still didnt help...:S...i just wonder if TUESDAY when i can actualy go get it tuend at MODULAR DEPOT if it will make it run like its supose too...im at the verge where i just wonna put the stock pulley back on and leave it alone where i know it runs good

Dusten

Established Member
boner said:
gap those things at .025 and DO NOT add timing. if you can pull timing out, i would pull 2 deg if you added 4 psi.

I disagree, a canned tune on a predator and a 4lb shouldnt be running lean, nor should it be running like piss.
The plug gap should be .32-.36 I wouldnt mess with the settings on the canned tune. If you are going to a dyno next week, just let the truck sit. I dont understand why if someones truck runs like ass they would even consider going WOT?

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Dusten said:
I disagree, a canned tune on a predator and a 4lb shouldnt be running lean, nor should it be running like piss.
The plug gap should be .32-.36 I wouldnt mess with the settings on the canned tune. If you are going to a dyno next week, just let the truck sit. I dont understand why if someones truck runs like ass they would even consider going WOT?

im with ya on the WOT thing. if its running poorly, dont trash it, youre gonna hurt it. i understand what the factory gap specs are. when you start running more boost, you might be blowing the spark out, hince the closer gap. 4# is not gonna blow it out. what if he puts an upper on there, does he really wanna pull the plugs again? i know i wouldnt. #4 and #8 are a bitch. just my .02.

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
I'm getting the lfp package next week on the truck. My problem is I'm not sure what the octane of the fuel is here. Is the average 91 octane for the #4 safe to start with?

Ohh and how does one measure the gap of the sparkplug?

littleflip_69

Established Member
i did mine at .36 and the truck is runing fine now...alll taht tiem it was actin up it was the belt they sent with teh 4# pulley it was a lil too big and was slipping...i struggled and struggled but i finally got the stock belt on and its running GOOOOODDD...i still have yet to get a dyno tune but the 93 tune wtih pulley on the diablo is just fine

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Ok so I'm told that what we have here is regular is 92 octane and premium is 95. I've always used the premium, so can I use the canned tune from the predator for the 4# on it without any issues?

boost00

Established Member
might run a little rich but will get u around fine. a dyno tune or a mail order tune will be much better and u will get more performance out of it though

Dusten

Established Member
nielsio said:
Ok so I'm told that what we have here is regular is 92 octane and premium is 95. I've always used the premium, so can I use the canned tune from the predator for the 4# on it without any issues?
If you have 95OCT fuel and are running a canned 93 octane tune, you will be fine.

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Ah that's good news, just got the LFP package in yesterday so that's why I'm asking. I'll need to swap the pulley for the 4# lower, use the belt provided and the thermostat, change the plugs, and send the canned 93 octane to the L. Any other items I would need to take care of while doing all of this?

Users who are viewing this thread