Diablo Predator update.

lethal

Established Member
After my post last night, I ran over to University and 595 to have dinner with friends.... Ran into a red Z06 that wanted to play. From a 35 mph roll, I floored it in thrid, he and I were almost dead even with him slightly pulling away from me, up to ~85 he was maybe three feet in front of me.

Oh the power, now I'm going for the pulley, next time we meet, I'll blow him off the road.

John

Last edited:

DPS

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
After my post last night, I ran over to University and 595 to have dinner with friends.... Ran into a red Z06 that wanted to play. From a 35 mph roll, I floored it in thrid, he and I were almost dead even with him slightly pulling away from me, up to ~85 he was maybe three feet in front of me.

Oh the power, now I'm going for the pulley, next time we meet, I'll blow him off the road.

John

Sounds like fun to me. I wonder if you had used second instead of third if you could have kept up or maybe even taken him a little. I haven't had much of a chance to play so I could be really off on this. Just curious.:beer:

lifter213

Established Member
Yeah usually if i'm going 40-45mph and i'm in third i'll downshift to second. That's my favorite speed/gear to race people from a roll.

davidmax

Established Member
I feel extremly fortunate to have my car tuned by Sean Hyland and not have to go with O.S.F.A (1 size fits all),this way you know its correct on all your tables specially when Seans doing it on a Dyno in real time and all his cars dyno within 2% of my 248 Dyno-Jet.
I cant understand why its so hard to get a Dyno tune(a real one) done on Fords.I have a piece of software for GM products that costs around 10,000.00 Pesos and allows me to pull up all the info on the PCM,while its on the Dyno-jet and in 4-6 hours for 495.00 your car is perfect from idle to red line.
The Predator reminds me of the Hypertech around 275.00 and downloads a generic program and allows for increasing red line,F/Air tables,firmness of shifts and rpm of shifts as well as having some of the capabilities of a tech2 instrument,the one we use is several thousand and made by Snap on.
It pulls up codes,and erases them if so desired and its real inexpensive and I have seeen gains of 15-20 ponnies on a base LS1 program.Its far from a Dyno Tune which is the optimal device for tunning.
I am going to check into a chip burner and still do the dyno tune it will be 100% accurate because I will reburn the chip as often as needed in real time on my Dyno,so if your in my shop after mods such as cams,Accufab,headers,pullies CAI's etc... the car will be tuned for 495.00 for the tech and labor and the price of the Auto Logic chip which we have found to be the best chip.You already know on the flip chip you can do a pump octane tune and on thee flip side we can do a race gas tune with more timing and I can tell you 104 octane race gas and 10 degrees more of timing added will give you(up to) 70-100 more ponnies at the wheels.
I wish I can legally get the same software for Fords as I do with the GM licensed LS1 edit and just skip the chip(IMHO less parts =less to go wrong)but chips have proved to bee cost efficient but thats at 85% accuracy VS.101% always on the money,so for our Phoenix crowd who want real time dynos there going to pay around 795.00 or maybe more we have to turn enough chips to pay for the machine and we wont do any mail order,even though our techs doing mail order would be the most accurate on the street.
Anyway I sure hope the new chip solves all the prroblems if so I wont buy any chip equipment as Fords dont make enough appearances in our shop,but when they do they leave impressed with the performance of there cars.Great Night,Dave Smilovic.

davidmax

Established Member
I feel extremly fortunate to have my car tuned by Sean Hyland and not have to go with O.S.F.A (1 size fits all),this way you know its correct on all your tables specially when Seans doing it on a Dyno in real time and all his cars dyno within 2% of my 248 Dyno-Jet.
I cant understand why its so hard to get a Dyno tune(a real one) done on Fords.I have a piece of software for GM products that costs around 10,000.00 Pesos and allows me to pull up all the info on the PCM,while its on the Dyno-jet and in 4-6 hours for 495.00 your car is perfect from idle to red line.
The Predator reminds me of the Hypertech around 275.00 and downloads a generic program and allows for increasing red line,F/Air tables,firmness of shifts and rpm of shifts as well as having some of the capabilities of a tech2 instrument,the one we use is several thousand and made by Snap on.
It pulls up codes,and erases them if so desired and its real inexpensive and I have seeen gains of 15-20 ponnies on a base LS1 program.Its far from a Dyno Tune which is the optimal device for tunning.
I am going to check into a chip burner and still do the dyno tune it will be 100% accurate because I will reburn the chip as often as needed in real time on my Dyno,so if your in my shop after mods such as cams,Accufab,headers,pullies CAI's etc... the car will be tuned for 495.00 for the tech and labor and the price of the Auto Logic chip which we have found to be the best chip.You already know on the flip chip you can do a pump octane tune and on thee flip side we can do a race gas tune with more timing and I can tell you 104 octane race gas and 10 degrees more of timing added will give you(up to) 70-100 more ponnies at the wheels.
I wish I can legally get the same software for Fords as I do with the GM licensed LS1 edit and just skip the chip(IMHO less parts =less to go wrong)but chips have proved to bee cost efficient but thats at 85% accuracy VS.101% always on the money,so for our Phoenix crowd who want real time dynos there going to pay around 795.00 or maybe more we have to turn enough chips to pay for the machine and we wont do any mail order,even though our techs doing mail order would be the most accurate on the street.
Anyway I sure hope the new chip solves all the prroblems if so I wont buy any chip equipment as Fords dont make enough appearances in our shop,but when they do they leave impressed with the performance of there cars.Great Night,Dave Smilovic.

davidmax

Established Member

davidmax

Established Member
I meant to add a product recomendation,which is expensive,but you can always get your tune 100% on the money and change timing for octane and F/A mixture,and even have several CD 's pre tuned for differant conditions.It takes 3-5 days if you've done custom tunning and worked on lots of wiring harnesses,and 1 day if you take the 2-3 week class that comes free for Mod shops and I know people who have had business cards printed to take advantage of special perks we get that you dont.
I run an Accel Gen7 stand alone system for engine maanagement,even now with my manual valve body C-4 transs withB&M ratchet shifter 4:10 gears and 4500 rpm stall it made the setup super smooth.
I can install one in 7-10 hours and any other old timer who has lots of wiring experiance can do the same as its very well color coded.When I drive the streets and for an ocasional need to bloody some ones nose I run a 95 octane program,for even more timing and boost I run the 97,for all out drag race I run 104 and its so butt kicking its not even funny.
When she gets home from Sean were hoping for the fastest street legal,03' on earth!!! around 8.50's(with G-D's HELP)at this point with motor and blower on an engine dyno were at 1000 BHP(at the flywheel,engines not yet in car) we will be doing a 75 hp dry shot which should bring us to 1100 and we are mounting a 15 Lb. cylinder of C02 which will spray thee intercooler air to air and huge.Current testing on the ATI "F" series has been done with there stock dual I.C,this I.C will have 2.1x's thee surface area and 1 core thicker so that should add at least 50+ ponnies and the c02 will raise apprrox 50 more rrwhp.
So in theory the motor at the fly wheel will put out a minimum of 1150 BHP and after final tune which top octane tune 109 octane 104 is the highest weve run but we will use Toluene and Marvel Mysstery Oil.Were hoping for an additional 4-8 degrees and from 24 Lbs. of bost up to 30-35 and that should safely put uses into the 14-1500 BHP range.
Subtract 25% for the Auto parasitic loss and were at 1225 rrrwhp,so if all goes right we should be banging the big #'s 1st 2 weeks of October.Wish me luck,I'm up against aa 1200 rrwhp Vette 2900 Lbs.,Auto and he actually gets traction.I own the same car but at 170K its so much fun I'm finally putting slicks on the car with a hardned
output shaft and seeing if there are any traction issues I can enhance,cause with the Z06 box the 1st 3 gears are numerrically huge with thee 3:42's.The 8.95 Vette is a 250K car and its a Lingenfelter 1 of a kind and from what I hear any enhcements for ET have to go into this car but he steps up to the plate and drops the 30k.
If you did my car and had is built by Rousch or some other major tuner it would cost 125k+but so many people likee ATI,Kinesis,BFG,SHM,(SHM ahas put over 850 hours of labor into the car and my shop well we stopped logging after 200 hours)This car will move the last motor build got 833 ponnies this will have300 more HPon 109 which will be rarely run more than 104.It maintains power steering,brakes,A/C,stereo,all the stock and about 7or8 new gauges
and its been lightened by close to 400 Lbs.with aluminum block 100 lbs./rear set delete front passenger out at race time,and much more.
Sorry for rambling as usual I promise to try not to do it for at least 7-10 days,I will really try.Its just I love her sooooo much and in 14 mos.or so of ownership I've drove her for 3 mos. and modded 11 so I'm like a kid in a candy store.
I will post Dyno and time slips asap with pics,Take care,Dave Smilovic.

lethal

Established Member
I'm highjacking my thread back....

Tomorrow David will take his car tomorrow morning, mine will be in there by afternoon. Wish us luck....

Guess the numbers.... 337 (catback only), 370 (catback + tune), 388 (catback + fipk + tune), so ???? (catback, + fipk + 2.8 pulley + tune).

John

lethal

Established Member
Just got back with Dave's car, the guys at Diablo got it to 440hp / 460tq with the Densecharger, Magnaflow catback, 2.8 pulley, and Diablo Predator tune.

Not bad. I don't know his original numbers, I think he was like 390 before the pulley. Mine's under the knife right now. Johan, says they will be releasing it on Monday / Tuesday =)

My car was born on 09/21/03 -- barely a year old and I'm putting on a pulley =)

John

lethal

Established Member
OK, my numbers are in.

-drumroll-

438hp / 465tq

So about the same / close to Dave's. The only difference in our cars are the CAI's... he uses Denscharger and I use the K&N. His car started out stronger then mine did. I'll have a full analysis and dyno sheet later tonight.

To recap, I went from 337 hp (catback only) to 438hp (catback, cold air, 2.8 and tune). That's 30% more power. Using the same scale from my Steeda numbers, I'd see something close to 470 hp.

I'll confirm this in November when I dyno the car there again.

Speaking to Diablo, if everything goes well, they should start shipping next week.

I have to go pick up my car now -- later!

John

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Heh damn i am good only 3 hp off :) nice numbers to they are coming from a mustang dyno right? cant wait to see a graph

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread