Diablo Mafia went bad/Burning Oil. Need help asap.

01SVTMIKE

01 Bad Lightning
Established Member
Has anyone had a problem with the diablo mafia going bad. I got my truck tuned about 3 weeks ago and it ran great 444rwhp/505rwtq. After 4 days truck started to run bad like it had a misfire. I changed the plugs which were only 1 month old tried checking all the coil packs and that wasn't the problem. I know its not the fuel system cuz i Just put 60lb injectors and high flow fuel pumps on it. So i checked the oil and it was 4 Qts low(and its not leaking anywhere)!!!!!!!!!!! I added the oil and it still ran like crap. I just did a compression test on all the cylinders and they were all fine but a couple of plugs had small amounts of oil burned on them and I could smell the oil on the plug. I then started to to wonder if it was the MAF sensor had gone bad causing the miss. I unpluged the mafia and pluged the maf sensor in directly. I took the truck for a test drive and it ran almost like nothing was wrong just a little out of tune.

To sum it up what could make the mafia go bad and most important where is my oil going:shrug: . I will take all the advice I can get. Thanks for your time. SVTMIKE.:(

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Did you get it wet recently? Don't ever drive without it plugged in and on the proper setting, it WILL cause you to run way lean and could detonate.

As for the oil, keep a check on it, hopefully no damage was done running it with only 2 quarts in there. :eek:

01SVTMIKE

01 Bad Lightning
Established Member
Where its at I don't think it can get wet. But my tuner had it wedged between the air box and a steel line coming off the radiator. The line was almost jammed in to the adjuster knob.

01SVTMIKE

01 Bad Lightning
Established Member
Well I got a new MAFiA and it was not the problem. I have no clue whats wrong with the truck. I guess I have to take a ride back to my tuner which sucks cuz its 3 hours away. If anyone has an idea what could be wrong please let me know. Thanks

morrison_205

Established Member
RIDE THE said:
If it's running that bad I don't think that I'd drive it for 3 hours.

and if you do brink lots of oil. you dont see blue smoke when your in the throttle??.. i dont know where that much oil could be lost from.

01SVTMIKE

01 Bad Lightning
Established Member
I have a set of new coil packs on the truck from rpm outlet. I also tried putting my stock coil packs back on and still have the same problem. And when I do take off at wot it will smoke but not bad. I did not check the oil for a couple thousand miles so I am not sure how fast the oil is burning. Thanks for the input.

ecoastkid

Established Member
Leaking head gasket or something f'd up with the valve guides?...those might let oil into the combustion chamber. I'm no expert, just throwing out some ideas.

I know you said it cant be the fuel system, but did you change your fuel filter?

Users who are viewing this thread