Diaable Boost Safely?

Quick Strike

Established Member
Is there a way to safely disable boost short of removing the blower belt? I may have to leave the car with a body shop to remove a ding or two and do not want to leave that much HP available. I have a KB 2.8H and I did see somthing in my KB litature related disabling boost using a set screw on the to the boost bypass. I can not find that passage, and my boost bypass is pretty well buried. I was hoping there is a vacuum line I can pull off and plug near the side of the blower?

Thanks

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I've found the most efficient way to make sure they don't joy ride is to record the mileage for yourself, also record it on a post-it note and put it in a conspicuous location in the car (I.E. windshield, gauge cluster, etc) where they will see the mileage posted. Also make it clear removing dings does not require 5 miles of added mileage on the odometer.

Quick Strike

Established Member
If you do not trust them then do not let them have your car.

Well, the boss may say one thing and mean it, but when he/she is away/off-site workers can and do take liberties. Even if there is corrective action latter, the damage has been done. I just want to prevent the possibility of abuse by tempoarily disabling the boost. It would be very hard to hurt it with boost disabled and the rev limiter set.

I like the idea of posting the milage and setting expectations in addition.

Late Note: I found the "Valet Mode" instructions with my KB stuff. It appears you lock the boost bypass open with a set screw when the car is running and open. I will see if i can get to it, and give it a try. Click here for a copy of the KB instructions for anyone else that may be interested:

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
I would just unhook the bypass actuator and manually open the bypass valve, zip tie it open.

Users who are viewing this thread