Dexter series revived!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I just watched the first episode. ****ing. Terrible. 0 stars.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think my brother said he's going to start watching it tonight.

quad

Established Member
The series is starting to heat up a bit.
So far I think it is great. Just finished watching Episode 6.

Clancy Brown is really good in his role. The son also. Clancy was in Shawshank Redemption and Highlander - two other notable performances.

Dexter-and-Kurt-Caldwell-on-Dexter-New-Blood-Episode-3.jpg

main-qimg-f81d9a7f3afcd6c82c68b26b26b59af8

0870fd588adb5d6dfb4a128b0ca7506b.jpg

Last edited:

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I never watched the old series, but DVR’d it prior to the new show premier. I was supposed to be resting after a post-op surgery. The old series is pretty good…the new series, Meh, not too impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I never watched the old series, but DVR’d it prior to the new show premier. I was supposed to be resting after a post-op surgery. The old series is pretty good…the new series, Meh, not too impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old series was great. Not sure if you're caught up on the new one, but it is just now starting to get rolling.

Bird76Mojo

Established Member
Not sure why Harrison suddenly seemed so concerned about "the code" and Dexter "feeding" the dark passenger, when he himself had hurt several innocent people, and was actually crawling in his girl's window a few episodes back while having a straight razor in his hand..

It just makes no sense, and was a sloppy ending. Bad writing, and most certainly rushed to a conclusion.

Bird76Mojo

Established Member
Nope. It's over. "Sins of the Father" was the last episode we're ever likely to see. Unless Showtime picks it back up for another season.

boost88

Established Member
Not sure why Harrison suddenly seemed so concerned about "the code" and Dexter "feeding" the dark passenger, when he himself had hurt several innocent people, and was actually crawling in his girl's window a few episodes back while having a straight razor in his hand..

It just makes no sense, and was a sloppy ending. Bad writing, and most certainly rushed to a conclusion.
Don't love the ending myself. I'll hold out for whatever this announcement is tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Don't love the ending myself. I'll hold out for whatever this announcement is tomorrow

So it was better than last time. Interview with the writer said Michael C Hall only came back because he wasn't happy with the last ending. Doubt he'll be back or at best like Deb and be Harrison's conscious. Rumors that's they'll continue it on with the Son though. Hence New Blood kind of a transition season, right some wrongs and start with a fan base for a reboot

Last edited:

quad

Established Member

Spoiler Alert:

It has been confirmed Dexter is dead by the creators. However I would prefer if he somehow survived that shot. A Dexter on the run or collaborating with the cops to catch killers like Hannibal Lecter did with Crawford in the Amazon Prime series would have a lot of potential.

But killing him and thereby taking all his secrets with him is unsatisfying. They also messed up with the ketamine storyline which is not consistent with the earlier seasons. What was the point of the billionaire in the earlier episodes? Why bring Batista back only to not follow through on more screen time with him?

New Blood was really well done including the last episode from an acting and directing point of view, I just don't like the final outcome and the series needed more time. The shows were too short. They could have added 20 minutes to each episode IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread