Device Comm Error....SCT x4

keroseneburner

Established Member
I have several threads from my year long adventure with my 03 cobra, I finally got the engine rebuilt and added 9:1 pistons, SCT 2600 maf, jlt cai, accufab single blade tb, 60lb injectors, boosta pump, and 2.81 pulley on sc.
I get the bama x4 tuned for my new go fast equipment. Load the tune, car idles at 2000+rpm. Call Bama, they want a datalog...cool no problem. While dataloging the x4 F*&%ing locks up. DEVICE COMM ERROR. completely bricked. BAMA says call SCT. SCT issues RMA to send it back 7-15 day turn around. BAMA tech let is slip that there was a bad batch of x4 out there and apparently I got one. Instead of either company sending out a new unit I get to wait for them to repair this one...the whole time my car is inop.

any ideas on things to do or what to check for on the high idle while I am waiting?

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Just a thought, I would double check the throttle install and throttle stop adjustment, maybe check for vacuum leaks or anything like that. Do you have a Check Engine light ? See if you have any faults to work with.

keroseneburner

Established Member
No check engine light, no codes. The throttle stop is supposed to be set by accufab and not adjusted (per their instructions) I have been looking for vacuum leaks but cant find any.

deepblue13

Established Member
I had the same issue with my X4 and it is currently at SCT due to what they say is firmware failure. I had to buy another one in the mean time to not miss an event I was registered and paid for. It is very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread