Devestating day yesterday

sseater

Established Member
For those who know me here in Orlando, I am a pilot. This week was the Sun n Fun air show. I did not fly down this year because i knew the weather was supposed to be shitty so i drove. Around 12pm we encountered weather that not even the computers predicted until it was too late. An F-1 tornado ripped through the flight line leaving a warpath in its place. I was in a small tent and honestly thought that i would never see anyone i know ever again. Thankfully no one was killed but what was left behind was heart breaking. I have a lot of cell phone pictures but i found a high quality video that shows the same thing plus more. Count your blessings everyone.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNt1BKqF3a0"]YouTube - Thunder storm at Sun-N-Fun Air show[/nomedia]

here are some pictures of my neighbors plane on thursday... very thankful i have a hangar..

kurts.jpg

kurt.jpg

ku.jpg

kurtsd.jpg

Last edited:

u n v kenny

Established Member
Well, at first I thought this was an April Fools joke but OMG, that's SO bad! I'm glad you're safe but holy crap!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yeah my area looks like a hurricane went through. Spent most of yesterday moving some fallen tree's out of the road in my complex.

SVT03DAL

Established Member
Is this the Sun n Fun that is held in Lakeland, FL? I went there with my Uncle one summer back in like '91 or '92. Saw a lot of amazing aircraft. Glad to hear no one was killed.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
we had the same thing happen here in daytona. I also got to watch ten minutes of dime/nickle size hail pound my nice truck...lukily no dents somehow..

AND ALSO...
we had a legit fire alarm at my work and had to evacute into the parking lot...in the friggin rain for almost 45 minutes. Yes literally stand in the pouring rain for 45 minutes.

Glad your ok!

sseater

Established Member
Is this the Sun n Fun that is held in Lakeland, FL? I went there with my Uncle one summer back in like '91 or '92. Saw a lot of amazing aircraft. Glad to hear no one was killed.

yes, this is my 13th year in a row... never seen anything like this

kuruma

Established Member
I was driving home from work when it got crazy. Wind started picking up and pushing my car everywhere. Lights all went out everywhere, I got the heck out of there as quickly as I could.

Glad no one was hurt.

sseater

Established Member
I was driving home from work when it got crazy. Wind started picking up and pushing my car everywhere. Lights all went out everywhere, I got the heck out of there as quickly as I could.

Glad no one was hurt.

15 people sent to the hospital. saw one guy bust his head open!

Zentenk

Established Member
Yeah, heard a lot of tornados have touched down in Lakeland. One went right through my brothers back yard. My car was inside his garage! I am glad it was a little one... for my brothers safety of course.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Wow, that sucks. Our squadron sent an MH60S down for this weekends show. I think they were showing up today.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Very shitty. The weather was super rough the last couple days. No damage at my place, fortunately. Today was quite the 180 though. Pretty much perfect weather. Classic Florida weather patterns.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
today was beautiful. This weekend will be nice and I'm going mudding Sunday to advantage of all the rain..lol

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Very sorry for all those that got hit. All the workers and volunteers did a GREAT job at getting the debris and scattered planes all contained and cleaned up. By 10am Friday, everything was contained into a corner basically.

Users who are viewing this thread