Detroit Street Racing Video... Turbo 4V Notch

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
The car is a 3,100 lb. Foxbody notchback with a 2003 Cobra longblock, our CNC heads and a set of custom cams, an 88mm turbo and a 4R70W. It's not uncommon to see him driving it everywhere in the summer... to the mall, to work, cruises, shows, etc and it's driven like he stole it all the time!

Specs:

2003 Cobra Longblock
Livernois Motorsports Custom Single 88mm Turbo Kit
Spearco 2-Core Intercooler (Interior Mounted)
Custom Fuel System
Built 4R70W
Tuned by Livernois Motorsports

I wish the quality was better on this vid... but you can still see the results. The car that he was racing is supposedly a low 9-second car. The turbo 4V notch gave him roughly 3 cars and still beat him.

Click Here

Photos:

The only photos I have of the engine bay are pretty old.. since then we've added a distributor and everything has been coated/polished.

gal-102-p-1490-large.jpg

gal-102-p-1489-large.jpg

gal-102-p-1276-large.jpg

More vids:

Video - View 1

Click Here

Video - View 2

Click Here

The smoke was from a coolant hose coming off.... (there's normally a coolant tube under the manifold, but on this car it has a cap on the tube fitting and the cap blew off.)

Caught in the Rain- Video

Click Here

-Rick

Last edited:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
that thing looks mean as hell! u guys always amaze me with the stuff u build. congrats! ur first and second and working after the pics?

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
gotta love detroit. Im yet to see a good race like that in detroit but watched some fast cars up in flint.

edit: I have seen that blue mustang in the second vid before. wasnt racing tho.

Last edited:

408-COUPE

Established Member
gaw I LOVE that car. if i were to win the lottery, his car would probably be the first thing i buy.

skyhighsd

Established Member
It doesn't look or sounds as quick as it is.... and you'd never know it by the way he drives it everywhere. It runs consistent 8.50's @ 170 mph :uh oh:

-Rick

Lol that was my first guess until I watched the video a second time. That would be a nice toy to have:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread