Detonation?

jangocast

Established Member
Hey guys I have a couple questions..I recently had my turck built up by one of the big engine builders and ever since I got it back from the 2nd tune there has been a pinging like sound. When I went in for the 2nd dyno tune the A/R was 11.8 for my street tune, and 11.3 for my race tune.

My mods are:
Built Block
Stage 2 heads
Stage 2 cams
8 lb lower
2.73 upper
steig ported blower
255 twin pumps
60lb injectors
100 wet Zex shot
FTVB
Intake
Made 545HP/653TRQ at the wheels stock exhaust..I was happy!

The noise happens when I JUST start getting into boost. I get right out because I do not want to test so I don't know if it will go away if I go WOT. It sounds like a rattling sound. Now I'll admit I don;t exactly know what detonation/pinging sounds like. I've searched and people say its like 2 pieces of metal hitting together. But its pretty faint and you need to be paying attention to hear it.

Also because my exhaust didn't seal right at the headers/block because of the honing and stock exhaust, could it be coming from there? There is a exhaust tap at idle from where it is leaking so I'm curious if I'm just being anal or if it is actually detonation?

Hopefully someone can help.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Can you take it back to the builder/tuner and have them unf**K it? Or are you stuck with what ya got? I know you've spent a good deal of dinero on your engine/tune. Seems like they should make sure it's done right. Good luck.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
CHECK YOUR PLUGS. MINE WAS DETONATIN, SO jdm TOLD ME TO CHECK THE PLUGS,AND SHER ENOUGH THEY HAD A GREEN TIP. NOT GOOD. GOT NEW ONES FIXEDE THE PROBLEM . NGK tr6

Users who are viewing this thread