Detailing the Redfire Cobra's Paint

sonicmach1

Established Member
The paint was not in too bad of shape - just some swirls, but I am giving it the full spa treatment.

Here has been the weekend's work so far:

Wash (Gilmour foamer with two buckets with sheepskin mitts), blow dry (always use a leaf blower), clay bar, re-wash, used my porter cable DA to polish with Meguiars 105 with an orange pad, then polished with Meguiars 205 with a white pad, re-wash, dry, Opti-Seal sealant.

Up next is a wax with Natty's Red. Then on to the engine detail!

I am tired, but the results are coming together - Thanks to the help with this forum member's too! :rockon:

Before
Cobra_paintswirls5_7102010_Before.jpg

After - Polished but Pre-Sealant (no wax yet)

Cobra_paintpresealant26_7112010_1100.jpg

Cobra_paintpresealant17_7112010_1100.jpg

Cobra_paintpresealant23_7112010_1100.jpg

After - Polished With Sealant On (no wax yet)

Cobra_polishandsealant_7112010.jpg

Cobra_polishandsealant_7112010_1.jpg

Cobra_polishandsealant_7112010_2.jpg

94venomV8

Established Member
Looks great. I cannot figure out why my PC wont take out the swirls in my car? I have used it twice on there and I still see swirls in it. Yours looks amazing, I am gonna give it another try but I need to get my car painted before really caring, it has so many rock chips that stick out its hard to polish a turd paint job!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Looks great. I cannot figure out why my PC wont take out the swirls in my car? I have used it twice on there and I still see swirls in it. Yours looks amazing, I am gonna give it another try but I need to get my car painted before really caring, it has so many rock chips that stick out its hard to polish a turd paint job!

If your making more passes on your paint. Either the polish/pad combo isn't aggressive enough, or you just need to find the proper technique. I think its the first one because when I moved on to a rotary, it took multiple passes on my PC to get to level where I approve. Dont give up.

sonicmach1

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Now that I have rested a few days, it is time to wax the paint, then detail and wax the wheels, then clean the seats, then... never ends!

Users who are viewing this thread