Detailing black c6 z06, couple questions....

youlose

Established Member
PICS ARE POSTED BELOW THANKS TO MIXXER!

If I'm not mistaken, I remember hearing that these cars have a ceramic clearcoat on them. Is this true?

I was planning on going over it with Menz. IP with orange, then FP with white pad and probably a coat of Souveran by hand. NO more than three steps.

The car has a few small scuffs and scratches that I will spot remove with a mini-rotary first (with system one). Then out comes the UDM.

I also have available to use:

Zaino polish Z-5 and z-3--never used--don't even know if you use it for correction or for that matter with a machine at all...

Megs fine and medium cut cleaner--if necassary.

Fill me in here...

Thanks guys,

Mark

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Menzerna will work great on it. My dad has a silver 08 C6 Z06 and I buffed it with Final Polish (white pad) and put White Diamond Glaze (blue pad) on it and topped it with EX-P and it looks AMAZING!

danponjican

Established Member
IP and FP are not part of the products in the Menzerna line that are designed to work on ceramiclears. What you want it SIP and 106ff. Other products outside the Menzerna stable that also work well on these hard clears are Megs new M105, SYSTEM ONE X3 and 3M SRC Polish.

youlose

Established Member
Well, I did it today, and man that is one tough clear coat! Reminded me why I could never own a black car.

Mark

youlose

Established Member
Well, I still can't post pics yet on my new laptop, but if you feel like postin' em I can send them to you, I'd love your opinions...I don't have any before pics though.

Thanks,

Mark

youlose

Established Member
Thanks Mixxer! Man my camera sucks. Pretty hard to tell anything other than it's shiny, but it came out real good!

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
ur a baller......................2 superclean @ss cars maybe one day i too will have the z06 i want............

youlose

Established Member
It's an 07. My buddy actually has it up for sale as he is getting pretty serious about flying helicopters and doesn't have alot of time to drive the car. It only has like 1800 miles on it.

If he ends up keeping it, he was planning on doing one of the Lingenfelter kits (N/A)

mark

Users who are viewing this thread