Detailer at Mustang Week?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
What are my choices for having my GT500 detailed down in Myrtle Beach? I need someone who is good with black.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
PRO TECH!!!!!!!!!!!! They are awesome I was skeptic last year to turn them loose with anything but after I saw there work last year they are doing both my cars this year. Im not sure if they have a thread on here but go to the mustang week site and you will find them.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
[ame=http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620]2009 MUSTANG WEEK DETAILING - Mustang Week Forums[/ame]
Here ya go.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Sh!t, looks like he is full out booked except for Monday, and I dont think I will be there yet????

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
If, IF IF IF I end up only taking one ride down Ill give you one of my thursday spots. But that is still a big IF right now so don't count on it.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
don't you guys like to clean your own cars?

Tried that last year. No matter how much you clean you can't do the job Pro Tech does. Plus they know what is on the judging sheet and what the judges look for so they are sure to clean those areas. The car show at Mustang Week is based on cleanliness more than anything else so spraying it off at the car wash and throwing on some tire shine won't cut it.

mach14604

Established Member
don't you guys like to clean your own cars?

I am sorry but I agree. I did not win when I went but I detailed my own car. I thought it was unfair that a large number of cars were detailed by them and won. I felt like it was cheating. I even trailered my car there in an enclosed. Clean the car yourself and be proud of it. IT was more satisfying to know I worked hard and tried. I believe I have gotten better at detailing since then and worked on things after I got my judging sheet back. Just my 2 cents

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Please believe me that NO preferential treatment was given to any car detailed by ProTech. We judged on a points system, based on cleanliness (you've seen the judging sheet). Go to our site and check the old thread on judging. I also don't agree with having someone clean my car for me, so I still do it myself and take pride in the fact that I can do a really good job with little resources. But that is each individual's decision. I hope you honestly don't feel that it was cheating. If so, please see me before judging and you can walk around with one of us as we judge. Handling this car show is the number one, biggest PITA that we deal with each year at MW. I think our staff member Scott has done a great job this year revising the car show day to hopefully make it easier on everyone.

Here's another lesson I learned... The level of cars we get is unreal! You'd better bring your "A" game to trophy.

I'm proud of everyone that chooses to do their own detailing. I detailed professionally for a long time and like to see folks learn all the little ins and outs to make a car look good.

Good look to you all!

Last edited:

snkchmr 1

I will say its so much more to showing a new car than picking it up at the dealer & putting it in a trailer & calling it a showcar. I helped out at a few local shows this year & ran across some so called 05 & up showcars that my 86 would have beat. I had a MCA guy tell me one time that if he could see it I could have cleaned it. Live & learn LOL.
I stoped showing cars a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I gave up on trying to win shows. I am going purely for the fun, the environment, and to hang out with other car enthusiast.
Looking forward to both track days too!!

manOwar

Established Member
Pro Tech will do my car Thursday Morning but we're heading to Darlington and running it that night... I'm very fussy about how clean my car is but it's also ment to be driven and played with. It does not ride on a trailer anywhere... I have been out of the county for 6 months so I'll need all the eye's on cleaning I can get... My wife has already started and I'll spend everyday, right up to the show cleaning it and everyday after the show until I leave.

I plan on having a cleaning/detailing party at our Beach House after if anyone wants to stop by and clean up their rides. There will be plenty of people and Cleaning materials to help out. Just hit me up at the races!!

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Jim, I will probably end up detailing the Shelby at the beach house, doesnt look like they can squeeze me in. I will be bringing my detailing supplies too. They have a hose there ready to use?

manOwar

Established Member
Jim, I will probably end up detailing the Shelby at the beach house, doesnt look like they can squeeze me in. I will be bringing my detailing supplies too. They have a hose there ready to use?
We'll have one with us... I might just give you my spot. I'll have a couple extra days at the beach before you get there!!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I am hoping to be there sometime Monday. I am racing too on Thurssday. Would like to do Wed. Auto-X too, are you doing that as well?

manOwar

Established Member
I am hoping to be there sometime Monday. I am racing too on Thurssday. Would like to do Wed. Auto-X too, are you doing that as well?

We'll see, I've never done Auto -X before and the way the boost kicks in on the KB, I don't know if I could make it around the track with out a spinning out!! LOL!! Driver mod would own me!! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread