Detailed wheel wells (truck bedliner inside)

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Did some detailing on the project 1998.

Background:

Eaton swapped, PI swapped, automatic 2 valve.

IMG_00661.jpg

P1010010_zps552f701e.jpg

I started the car a couple weeks ago and heard a sound like a 2 year old kid wailing on a gutter pipe with a 2x4. It turned out to be the blower. It is at Steig getting a full port and polish. In the downtime, I decided to detail my wheel wells. Figured I'd share a picture.

Here is what they looked like when I began my project (couple years ago)

P1000764.jpg

Here they are now

P1010039_zpsd17c3d3b.jpg

Used duplicolor Bed Armor for the black.. It actually dried and looks great (unlike rustoleum rubberized undercoating that I put on my cobra).

Feel free to post pics and tips of your work. :beer:

Last edited:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Yeah no idea man. The shit I put on my Cobra definitely never dried.. This stuff I sprayed in one thick coat, in 34 degree weather, while it was raining. Broke every rule on the damn can. Dried rock hard.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Good job man! I have to do mine too. I've been debating if I should try and clean them and use a spray like Chemical Guys Bare Bones, or just go ahead and repaint them.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Good job man! I have to do mine too. I've been debating if I should try and clean them and use a spray like Chemical Guys Bare Bones, or just go ahead and repaint them.

Still loving your car. Our GT's are almost twins. I'm super jealous of the brake kit in your build thread. I priced that out before I decided to just go O'Reilley's blanks again!

Chances are if you clean them, the factory stuff will just come off. That's what happened to me,.

Number of cans? 1/2 a can for both rears.. Really good stuff.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Still loving your car. Our GT's are almost twins. I'm super jealous of the brake kit in your build thread. I priced that out before I decided to just go O'Reilley's blanks again!

Chances are if you clean them, the factory stuff will just come off. That's what happened to me,.

Number of cans? 1/2 a can for both rears.. Really good stuff.

Ah I see. Well thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting to do my brakes to do the wheel wells and my center caps as well actually. Keep up the good work man!

quad

Established Member
Did some detailing on the project 1998.

Background:

Eaton swapped, PI swapped, automatic 2 valve.

IMG_00661.jpg

P1010010_zps552f701e.jpg

I started the car a couple weeks ago and heard a sound like a 2 year old kid wailing on a gutter pipe with a 2x4. It turned out to be the blower. It is at Steig getting a full port and polish. In the downtime, I decided to detail my wheel wells. Figured I'd share a picture.

Here is what they looked like when I began my project (couple years ago)

P1000764.jpg

Here they are now

P1010039_zpsd17c3d3b.jpg

Used duplicolor Bed Armor for the black.. It actually dried and looks great (unlike 3M rubberized undercoating that I put on my cobra).

Feel free to post pics and tips of your work. :beer:
Thanks for the tip! That came out great and I may try this next time. So you are saying it is dry to the touch already?

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Yeah, I scratched it with my finger tonight and its solid. I used Rustoleum rubberized undercoating on my Cobra.. and that shit STILL isn't dry 6 months later!!

I just finished spraying the driver side.. it will be drying tonight. We'll see if it comes out as well.

For anyone who does this: Cover everything up underneath the wheel well really well. This stuff runs and drips A LOT. Don't worry though, it dries great. It's water based so its runny, especially on upside down areas like wheel arches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread