Detailed the Lightning today *pics* (including new Megs Ultimate Detailer)

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
I thought today would be a good day, actually last night before bed, lol, to detail the Lightning. I worked my ass off hand polishing, waxing, and then following up with some of the brand new Meg's Ultimate Detailer I've been dying to try out since seeing that video. Here's some pics for your enjoyment:

Started out with my favorite hand polish....
lil-lightning-015.jpg

Super Resin Polish by AutoGlym as a lot of fillers to fill the swirls, works great, if not the best out there for working by hand only, lol.

Then I topped it with my current favorite wax, Meg's #26 carnauba for that deep wet sensation, lol:
lil-lightning-016.jpg

What you see there is a nice thin even coat of #26 drying.

Then I said what the hell, might as well remove any remaining fingerprints and smudges I left behind from waxing with some quick detailer, I decided to try out Meg's latest, the brand new Ultimate Detailer, lol...
lil-lightning-017.jpg

I gotta say this IS the ULTIMATE Detailer! One squirt covered the entire truck! lol...

Here she is gleaming swirl free and a nice deep wet shine...hehe...
lil-lightning-009.jpg

lil-lightning-008.jpg

lil-lightning-004.png

lil-lightning-005.jpg

Justa shwingin'...lol. Sorry about the lighting, I did todays, actually last nights detail indoors in the garage so I didn't get to take pics out in the sunlight, lol.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Did you tape off all the molding?

No man, luckily all the products I use don't leave residue on molding, even the carnauba wax doesn't seem to stain the molding, lol. Y'all probably thinking, you did all that and didn't start out with the clay bar? Well, my Lightning is brand new with zero miles and also wasn't shipped by rail to have rail dust embedded in the paint from shipping (it arrived at my door in a sealed container, lol). I had the clay bar out, but decided it truly wasn't needed for this detail. :lol:

EnglishAdam

Established Member
My "Mini-Me" lives out in the garage.
I will probably need to claybar the little fecker at some point :D

RR026.jpg

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
:lol: :lol:

Man... i really like this big bottles they selling in the usa....

Have to talk to Chris,

i want cover my truck with one squirt of detailer also...
Chris i need the 200 Gallon spraybottle of Britemaxx!

Users who are viewing this thread