detailed the car, write up and pictures included

BOOMER23

Established Member
Im inexperienced in this department really and all the pros I have spoken to have said to not mess with high speed buffers and stuff unless you are really experienced especially on a black car like mine...so whats up am I missing something, getting bad advice, do you guys have some previous experience with this kinda stuff.....Ive just heard its really really easy to burn through the clearcoat and be in a world of trouble with that if you dont know what you are doing....You guys help me out because before too long Ill be springing for a high dollar paint job which isnt a bad idea anyways but just clue me in a little to this whole deal, im always open to the kind of stuff.

crizzut

Established Member
the porter cable isn't a rotary, its an orbital buffer. The orbital spinds the and the pad orbits around the head of the machine. It is damn near impossible to burn the clearcoat with an orbital.

66temp

Established Member
BOOMER23 said:
Im inexperienced in this department really and all the pros I have spoken to have said to not mess with high speed buffers and stuff unless you are really experienced especially on a black car like mine...so whats up am I missing something, getting bad advice, do you guys have some previous experience with this kinda stuff.....Ive just heard its really really easy to burn through the clearcoat and be in a world of trouble with that if you dont know what you are doing....You guys help me out because before too long Ill be springing for a high dollar paint job which isnt a bad idea anyways but just clue me in a little to this whole deal, im always open to the kind of stuff.
sign up on autopia.org, they have a real helpful forum and many professional detailers, like crizzut said, its very hard to mess up your paint if your using beginner products like me, just do some research and get some non agressive pads to start off with and experiment with some light cutting compounds/polishes if you really need it

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Nice write-up 66temp. I dont now which is hotter the picts of your g/f or your Mach-1... j/k ! :beer:

By the way: how much was that light stand? I need one for the detailing on my black 04 COBRA. Thanks! :beer:

:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread