Detailed the Bullitt

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
Wash, clay bar, wax.....5 hours and 20 mosquito bites later she's lookin' almost as good as new! Can't wait to do it again next summer :coolman:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
WOW I LOVE THE BULLITT'S THEY JUST LOOK FREAKING AWSOME, BUT WHAT IS THE DIFFERINCE BETWEEN YOURS AND A GT OR A MACH1:rockon: :rockon:

2stangBK

Established Member
Only three colors made, only made one year, Side skirts different, intake different, side scoops different, interior the first of the retro look, and I think most of them had no wing. Anything I left out?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Nice, oh and Mach's are completly different, they have the 4.6 32V, striping, wheels, interior and shaker.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
A lot of people seem to think that the only difference between a Bullitt and GT is the Bullitt intake, but there is much more goin' on. Here is a boat load of Bullitt info and a side-by-side comparison to a GT which should answer your questions and then some.

http://www.bullittarchive.com/7025.htm

Re. the Mach 1 comparision, the Mach has the DOHC 4v and a few suspension discrepancies as well as different exterior enhancements (both the Mach and Bullitt share the same c-pillar molding however, if you look close). The Mach also recieved the Bullitt's retro interior with a few minor changes (silver accents and seat stiching).

The Bullitt was offered in 2001 and only in 2001 in three colors: DHG, or Dark Highland Green (the Bullitt is the only Mustang offered in this color ever), True Blue, and Black. Production numbers for each is as follows: True Blue 723, Black 1818, DHG 3041. No Bullitts ever came with a wing.

Later

kilercamron

k
Established Member
2stangBK said:
Only three colors made, only made one year, Side skirts different, intake different, side scoops different, interior the first of the retro look, and I think most of them had no wing. Anything I left out?

gauges have diff number font, mudflaps, bullitt gas cap, and a different C pilar.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
Damn, this thread was buried quick.....anyways thanks for the compliments:beer:

GTRyan said:
Looks good, should take pics when the sun isnt right over the car so we can see the result better.

It was actually cloudy out when I took the pics, which eventually led to rain and slow semi trucks that I had no choice but to follow in said rain resulting in, as you have probably guessed, one dirty-ass Bullitt.....at least it looked good for a little bit!

Later

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
Quick96Cobra said:
Yep... 2 piston brakes like the ones that have been on the Cobra for years.. if im not mistaken

Sweet car :coolman:

WOOHOO!!!! I KNOW SOMETHING!! hehehe:D

Lucky D

Lucky D's Cobra
Established Member
Bullitts also have, Cobra alternator, Cobra flywheel, Cobra brakes (front calipers were painted red with a laser etched running pony), Cobra windage tray, subframe connecters, unique cast alum. intake with twin 57mm throttlebody's, clearcoated engine compartments, unique rocker panels (as mentioned), side gill deletes (as mentioned), "C" pillar mod (as mentioned), rear wing delete, no fogs, unique catback exhaust w/ rolled alum tips, shocks and struts are different (Tokico valved) and they sit 1/4" lower than a Mach1. No Bullitts EVER came with a rear wing and all were 5 speeds only. Bullitts were the first to roll off the line with the Tremic 3650 trans. and were nearly as fast in the 1320 as the same year Cobra (2001) and were faster 0-60mph.
Bullitts have 10 more hp than the 2001 GT (275) and more tq (305). And were delivered at a much lower rpm than the other SOHC's which is what made them faster off the line (on the low end).
The gas cap door, the awesome interior (seats were stitched and made to look 60's style as well as guages), white lit guages, (all other Mustangs light up green), alum ring trim around the shifter, set the car off nicely.

A Ford Bullitt was my first Mustang, love those cars.

Former Black Bullitt #797

Last edited:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Lucky D said:
Bullitts also have, Cobra alternator, Cobra flywheel, Cobra brakes (front calipers were painted red with a laser etched running pony), Cobra windage tray, subframe connecters, unique cast alum. intake with twin 57mm throttlebody's, clearcoated engine compartments, unique rocker panels (as mentioned), side gill deletes (as mentioned), "C" pillar mod (as mentioned), rear wing delete, no fogs, unique catback exhaust w/ rolled alum tips, shocks and struts are different (Tokico valved) and they sit 1/4" lower than a Mach1. No Bullitts EVER came with a rear wing and all were 5 speeds only. Bullitts were the first to roll off the line with the Tremic 3650 trans. and were nearly as fast in the 1320 as the same year Cobra (2001) and were faster 0-60mph.
Bullitts have 10 more hp than the 2001 GT (275) and more tq (305). And were delivered at a much lower rpm than the other SOHC's which is what made them faster off the line (on the low end).
The gas cap door, the awesome interior (seats were stitched and made to look 60's style as well as guages), white lit guages, (all other Mustangs light up green), alum ring trim around the shifter, set the car off nicely.

A Ford Bullitt was my first Mustang, love those cars.

Former Black Bullitt #797

Damn.. that pretty much tops it off..

Users who are viewing this thread