Detailed my own car for once...

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
Been detailing professionally for years, I never have the energy to do my own aside from once a year... So I did it up today. 6 hours later here is how the paint looks.

wax1.jpg

wax2.jpg

wax3.jpg

wax4.jpg

wax6.jpg

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
dvast8n said:
Damn!

Care to share what you used?

I clayed the whole car about a week ago, wetsanded a good deal of it.. doors hood, lid, fenders, pretty much everything... Used a rotory with an abrasive to bring it back... then it sat for a little while... today I busted out an orbital with some poorboys ssr2.5, then some ssr1 to bring it back fully, then sealed it... Doesn't look like the stock black anymore

joemayo

Established Member
Damn wish you lived closer I'd love to have you try it out on my car?

Any money in doing it pro? I've thought about it but I'd have to move since people in MS don't care about there car

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
joemayo said:
Damn wish you lived closer I'd love to have you try it out on my car?

Any money in doing it pro? I've thought about it but I'd have to move since people in MS don't care about there car

Yeah there is money in it... I've been working for years doing this... Started in 1994 doing it at a dealer, graduated to a specialty detailing shop, been doing it on and off ever since... When I do a car to this level I charge... well alot! It's a big price jump color sanding the whole car... I can 3 step the car for around $140 that's paint alone...

I've done cars for shows and have charged over a grand.

joemayo

Established Member
Awesome.. I'll have to see about this then.. My stepfather owns a online car lot in Atlanta and he has alot of car dealership buddies I could easily work for/with.. Did you just learn from experience or go to a small school?

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
joemayo said:
Awesome.. I'll have to see about this then.. My stepfather owns a online car lot in Atlanta and he has alot of car dealership buddies I could easily work for/with.. Did you just learn from experience or go to a small school?

I learned from starting by washing windows at a honda dealer 14/yo at the time, moved up to soaping cars... etc etc... All the way up to working at a Bentley/benz dealer around 5 years ago and being taught about compounds rotory tools etc.. .

I also dabble in metal polishing, which is a self taught skill.

inpipe1.jpg

inpipe3.jpg

Did the whole eaton too as well as my steeda cai and coil covers

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Post a pic of the eaton! everything looks awesome!

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
The car looks sexy, I wish my car would look as shinny ass that, The stock paint isn't all that, I never knew it could be brought out to look like that, my car has a some rock chips on the front bumper and on the hood (it's killing me) but nice job wish my car would look that nice some day

Users who are viewing this thread