Detail my car!

outtaangst

Established Member
Okay...

I know all about Zaino, but what are you guys using on the other parts....i.e. chrome wheels, tires, dash, leather/suede seats......

What works killer and what's a good source.

BOO-YA!

(if you can't tell I'm excited because I get to pick up my brand
new Terminator in Denver next week, drive it to LA, :rockon:
then wait a couple weeks for it to get shipped out to Hawaii :nonono: )

Aloha

J....:coolman:

Last edited:

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
outtaangst: I was told to use Eagle1 20/20 for glass by Brian, and it works great (thanks Brian). For the tires, I use the Zaino tire product (Z-something, it's on their site). For leather and plastic interior parts I use some freebie Ace product that my dealer gave me when I got the car. Not too shiny, good protection. Never heard of this brand before but it works and you can't beat the price. Rims: Just Zaino Z2 or Z5 (whatever I have left over), so that the breakdust doesn't stick. Every once in a while I blow the brake dust off with compressed air. Wiping it down with a dry towel works fine, too.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Use the zaino Z-2 (show car polish) and the Z-6 (gloss enhancer) on the chrome wheels, for the tires your guess is as good as mine, for the leather use Lexoyl leather conditioner (pep boys)

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Zaino polish on the car and wheels.
Zymol on the leather and dash (3 different products...cleaner, leather conditioner, and dash cleaner).

Any kind of tire shine should work. I can't remember the name of what I use. Just make sure that it's not a spray. You want to get those tire applicator pads and dress it that way.

For windows I use Clear Glass (I think that's the name). No streaks and works great.

If you can find it, CD2 makes a great engine shine product...just spray on. I use Simple Green to clean off the engine first.

:beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by outtaangst
Okay...

I know all about Zaino, but what are you guys using on the other parts....i.e. chrome wheels, tires, dash, leather/suede seats......

What works killer and what's a good source.

BOO-YA!

(if you can't tell I'm excited because I get to pick up my brand
new Terminator in Denver next week, drive it to LA, :rockon:
then wait a couple weeks for it to get shipped out to Hawaii :nonono: )

Aloha

J....:coolman:

Lets get together, I'll show you what I use for everything here in Hawaii. Got any ?????, PM me......BO

WDW MKR

Established Member
I just tried the Meguiars spray tire dressing and it works great! I've been using the tire gel, from various companies, with the applicator pads. That stuff looked great, but always flung up on the car, no matter how many times I wiped the excess or how long I let it set.

Users who are viewing this thread