Detail Box with Son1c wax came in today!!!!!!!!!!

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! SON!C protowax is legit and there is no disappointments here. I figured I would get the detail box and call and cancel my order, but on second thought I may keep going with the detail box. Looks like the put some pretty decent stuff in there. Not bad for Free this time around.
son1cwax1.jpg

My wife's 2014 was pretty dirty with all the rain over the last few days and all of the dang pollen floating around. She washed it using the two bucket method and CG Pink stuff. Since this 14 had the bad spots all over it we finally got the dealer to 3000 grit sand and buff entire car, so I needed to seal it up. I used 2 coats of CG JetSeal and then topped it off using Son1c's wax I got in the detail box. I think the results came out damn good.
son1cwax2.jpg

son1cwax3.jpg

son1cwax4.jpg

My first thoughts were the wax smelled pretty good, but very strong. My 7 year old said DAD what is that smell and kept looking around for some candy until I broke the news that there is no candy. I applied the wax with a P21 applicator and a little bit of the wax goes a long way. This wax goes on super smooth and comes off even smoother. My first thought was this is a high end wax that any Joe Schmoe can use and will love the results, especially the easy on easy off. I can see this wax being my goto wax around here. I wish I would have taken a photo of the car after the wash to compare the before and after because the shine is night and day different. Electrokid said it makes the metallics pop and he is 100% correct. This wax is good stuff and you would be a fool not to give it a shot. Big shout out to Son1c for making these samples.

SON1C

Established Member
Thanks for the positive review Mav! I appreciate you taking the time to post this & document with pictures. I'm very happy to hear you are pleased with the product and I agree Detail Box is a solid product for the price point! May I post your pictures onto my Facebook page & Instagram?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
sounds good to me. I will post another close up photo that I took today in the sun that really shows the metallic in the paint.

Took this photo today while it was outside.
all photos taken with iPhone 5
son1cwax5.jpg

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
HAHA its unbelievable right?!?! i havent got to use this wax yet but it smells heavenly!!

I think you will be pleased with the results when you get to try it out. We have had 20-40 MPH wind the last few days and the 14 still looks fairly clean. It is starting to get a little dusty but not near as bad as my DD that does not have the protowax on it.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I think you will be pleased with the results when you get to try it out. We have had 20-40 MPH wind the last few days and the 14 still looks fairly clean. It is starting to get a little dusty but not near as bad as my DD that does not have the protowax on it.

cool mine has been in garage and if i bring out it gets dusty right now but i dont have any wax on it right now though

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
i dont have any wax on it right now though

That's exactly what I've been sayin' for weeks lol.

On a related note, I used the Proto 93 wax last night and was quite impressed. It was a tad difficult applying, maybe it was the foam pad I was using though. It came off easier than anything I've ever used and the reflective properties exceeded my past "best ever", which would be Dodo Supernatural. Drew, congrats man you won me over and that's saying alot. I need to try Carnuabavore first before making my decision on which to add to my collection :)

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
That's exactly what I've been sayin' for weeks lol.

On a related note, I used the Proto 93 wax last night and was quite impressed. It was a tad difficult applying, maybe it was the foam pad I was using though. It came off easier than anything I've ever used and the reflective properties exceeded my past "best ever", which would be Dodo Supernatural. Drew, congrats man you won me over and that's saying alot. I need to try Carnuabavore first before making my decision on which to add to my collection :)

I agree the spit shine it puts on the clear is unreal. I used a P21 applicator and once the foam had a load of wax it seemed to have gone a very long way. What applicator were you using. Did you use the sponge that came in the box?

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I agree the spit shine it puts on the clear is unreal. I used a P21 applicator and once the foam had a load of wax it seemed to have gone a very long way. What applicator were you using. Did you use the sponge that came in the box?

I thought the sponge in the box was for the black restorer so no. I used a foam applicator that came with my paste Souveran actually. Sad thing I went out yesterday to wipe off the dust that had settled over the night and used an AG gold plush jr mf towel. To my shock, it put swirl marks in my paint immediately. I switched out to a supreme grey, which seems to have done the trick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread