Destin Florida Honeymoon?

OKcobra

Established Member
Hey guys I'm thinking about going to Destin Florida for my honeymoon or other places around there. Anyone have any experiences with some good places down there?

I would like a place right on the beach but other places are also welcome too. Thanks for the help!

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Good Choice!
I love Destin and Ft. Walton Beach Area.

I would highly recommend Seaside or Rosemary Beach. But you may come back with a bun in the oven... i sure did. lol.

Seaside is a small but very beautiful, master-planned beach community with modern Victorian style houses, pools, tennis courts, bike riding places, restaurants, etc..

Watercolor is another beach community next door to Seaside. It is gorgeous too, but more money than Seaside by the look of it.

Rent a house at either and have a blast. Cook out there, ride bikes, swim in their awesome pools, sex on the beach, etc...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
What time of the year are you looking at? I used to live around that area. You can spend some, and you can spend ALOT.

I agree, there is some more secluded places to be had, but there is alot to do in Destin itself, awesome eaton, recreation, shopping etc.

OKcobra

Established Member
Thanks G2Mach1 i'm ready to go.

I will be going in June. Whats the weather like? Around the mid 80's low 90's?

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
My parents used to own a resort down there in the 70s early 80s.

It was nice when it was nothing but a small fishing village....now it's just a ****ing mess of condos

EZMachN

Established Member
We usually stay at Rosemary Beach which is 7 miles from Panama City and 20miles from Destin. It is very nice, quiet, and a beautiful place.
Rosemary Beach

Check out Harbor Cigars in Destin if you enjoy a fine cigar. They have great selection and prices.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Seaside is a little more "quaint" than Destin and you can walk to more local type places.

Destin is more touristy and commercial.

I've stayed in both areas and I'll be visiting the Seaside area again over Destin now.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
One of my best friends here at Auburn is from Niceville, FL which is basically Destin. I was down there last summer.

We stayed in a friends condo with his own private beach(yes this friend is loaded). Its nice and can be fun. I dont really think of it as a honeymoon destination though. But then again, Im only 4 hours from there so it's different for me.

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
One of my best friends here at Auburn is from Niceville, FL which is basically Destin. I was down there last summer.

We stayed in a friends condo with his own private beach(yes this friend is loaded). Its nice and can be fun. I dont really think of it as a honeymoon destination though. But then again, Im only 4 hours from there so it's different for me.

Haha. I graduated from Niceville High School!!

Anyways, Seaside is really nice. If you can rent one of the small condos on the beach, you'd be set. It can be a romantic setting. Everytime I go there I can't help but to think of the Truman Show. lol

Destin, however, has more opportunity to do the cool but not-so-romantic stuff. Tons of fishing charters, a couple water-parks, some night-clubs, etc. In Destin for dinner, the Beach Walk Cafe and Marina Cafe make for a semi-romantic dinner in a "5-star like" atmosphere. On nice days at Sunset, Beach Walk can't be beat, IMO.

I believe Beach Walk is closed until Spring but if you are going in June, you should be fine.

ALSO... Not sure if you are into the club scene or not... But if you have NOT been to Club La Vela, you should go. Just because it's HUGE. :) It's only about 30-45 mins from Seaside, in P-city. (Panama City)

If you have specific questions about anything down there, let me know. I know the area like the back of my hand.

Last edited:

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member

Actually wanted to throw in one technicality... Niceville is actually across the Choctaw Bay from Destin. Niceville is more of a Bay town than a beach town. Plus, Destin is much nicer.

OKcobra

Established Member
Sweet, thanks for all the info. I'm not into the club scene, just going to be hanging out with my wife!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My best friend's family owns a condo down there. We always have a blast. The area is much nicer than Panama City Beach IMO. Oh, there's a restaurant down there. I'll have to ask him of the name but we were browsing their wine list and found a Chardonnay called "Fat Bastard". We were then obligated to buy a bottle.

oh, and Congrats on getting hitched :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
If its you and the woman and you dont care about bars and clubs

then
Seaside or
Watercolor

rent a house out there and do your thang! Both places are very romantic and perfect for a honeymoon and making babies, or practicing a bunch!!!

When we go there we buy our steaks, fish, wine and beer at a grocery store and cook out the week long, instead of blowing cash at restaurants.

I have some great photos of Seaside somewhere...

If you are a swimmer, surfer, boogie boarder... just watch for the sharks between the sand bars and them nasty Man-o-war jellies. The water is very, very clear and the ocean floor is super-duper clean.

Shit I am dreaming now, gotta get back to work!

Users who are viewing this thread