Desencharger making howling noise!

Frogger

Established Member
I have Desencharger and i think it got air lick or somthing. When car is in low rpms it makes howling noise. I just dont know how to fix it anybody with the same problems. It does not happen everytime just sometimes.

Any idea what i should do?

Last edited:

Frogger

Established Member
I think the problem is between MAF and the pice that goes into the fender. I just screw it all in but there is nothing. What i mean maybe i should put somthing between like a washer.
I think that would be the problem ut on the other hand i put a stoc one for a day and had same results.

Stupid howling when i start a car its not all the time but it happens.

Temp is good and all seems to be working fine just that noise is pissing me off.

Any idea?
Here is a pic of my setup!!
557453_28_full.jpg

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I've been running my Densecharger CAI for close to 3 years now and haven't noticed any weird howling noises. Your install "looks" fine to me after looking at your picture above. I would re-check the fitment at all of the "elbows" and make sure you are not having any air leaks.

It's possible that this noise you are hearing is "normal," since you said you also noticed the same noise at start-up when you put the stock air inlet pieces back on...if I read your statement correctly, that is.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Frogger said:
what is iac ?

Idle
Air
Control

It's located on top of the intake hat (couple of bolts and an electrical harness IIRC). If you have a hanging idle or other idle related problems, there's a good chance that the IAC is bad. It doesn't sound like you are experiencing any of these issues so it's still probably working OK IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread