Derek Jeter's Last Game as a Yankee

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
Absolutely crazy, watched the game from the 8th inning on.

Recap of what happened.

Top 9, Yankees are up 3 runs. The closer for the Yankees gives up a 2 run homerun and Solo homerun, which ties the game. Gets a flyball to end the inning.

Now the Yankees have to play bottom 9. Jeter happens to be the third guy up.

First batter hits a single. Second hitter bunts him over to second. Jeter is up. 1 out, guy on second. The man himself hits a walk off single to end the game and his last game wearing Pinstripes at Yankee Stadium. Absolutely crazy.

Farewell Captain.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...e-in-final-yankee-stadium-game-022355428.html

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
FIX, GAME WAS FIXED!!!! J/P
TBH I'm not a Yankee fan even though I'm a New Yorker but this man deserved a proper send off like this, one of the best sportsmen of my generation. Won't be the same.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
You could not have written it better in a script. I have watched Derek Jeter's career from his rookie season until tonight
and he is the most classy player I have ever seen play this game. What a great ending.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I'm am and always will be a Redsox fan and hate the Yankmees. BUT that last home at bat and send off gave me the chills. His public persona is unmatched....with his level of exposure that's astonishing.

ThomasL

Established Member
And his house in Tampa is ENORMOUS! Haha! But seriously, nice to see him go out like that.

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm an O's fan and not happy about the outcome. We are in a race with the Angels to claim home field throughout the playoffs and we've probably blown it. At least NY will be sitting home again this year. Props to Jeter for a great career.

02Toner

Established Member
Card's fan here till I die, but growing up watching Jeter was amazing. Jeter is as classy as they come. Perfect way to end the story. #FarewellCaptain

Users who are viewing this thread