Depo Projector Installed (Pics, Pics and more Pics)!!

LDC2335

Established Member
I never tried them without hids. But I would imagine the output would still be far greater than stock. They come with regular 9005(high) and 9006(low) bulbs.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I never tried them without hids. But I would imagine the output would still be far greater than stock. They come with regular 9005(high) and 9006(low) bulbs.

I didn't either, went straight to HIDs. Unfortunately, dumb me bought new HIDs instead of just new style socket bulbs, didn't figure you could do that.

Have had them for about 3 years now, very satisfied. Actually bought a set for my 94GT DD, really helped with the night time driving couldn't see jack. I get lectured about the reflector scattering light into oncoming drivers eyes by the 16 year old 240SX internet guru forum reader at the auto parts store constantly but in fog it looks like two lightsabers sticking out in front of the car and I can't remember ever getting flashed so whatever.

amoosenamedhank

Established Member
For the price, these seem like a nice alternative to a custom retro-fit. I'm usually not to quick to jump on cheap projectors... but your results seem promising.

I would definitely opt for the black housings, however.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I was trying forever to find my old pics, here you go.

DEPO black housings with black side markers - my one criticism was that the rubber trim moulding around the side markers was far less quality than OEM - cracked, seperated, and eventually fell off within the first couple months. Given the cost of the entire setup, it's not a deal breaker to find/cut/install new moulding that meets your personal approval.

My wife absolutely refused to drive the car at night before the projectors/HIDs - visibility was that bad. Had standard clear aftermarket housings on it when we bought it, a little old and yellowed but nothing too bad.

cobra087.jpg

I lied, have one pic of about the ten minutes the 9005/9006 bulbs the kit came with were on the car. (driver side)

cobra054.jpg

6000k, wish I went one step whiter

cobra013.jpg

cobra060.jpg

keep in mind that the last pic is taken directly below a streetlight - so the light you see from the headlights is the DIFFERENCE between the lights and the streetlight - I would attribute it to about the same as a normal stock headlight.

amoosenamedhank

Established Member
Where did you get those black side markers? I can't find a set like that anywhere. The DEPO ones have a huge amber piece of the lens...which I'm not down with.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Where did you get those black side markers? I can't find a set like that anywhere. The DEPO ones have a huge amber piece of the lens...which I'm not down with.

Those are the DEPOs, I bought as an entire kit. With the black the amber does not show up so much as it does in the eBay pics. I was unable to find a black set for my 94GT so had to buy a used clear set on Corral new never installed. IIRC the amber is not as much in the corner, considering taking them apart in the oven and painting them black on the pieces the same way the Cobra ones are, we'll see.

And those are not some JDM bullshit yellow fog modification, those are my OEM 120,000 fogs with the original bulbs in them. Probably just look that way because of the stark difference to the low/high beam and new, clear lenses.

LDC2335

Established Member
Those are the DEPOs, I bought as an entire kit. With the black the amber does not show up so much as it does in the eBay pics. I was unable to find a black set for my 94GT so had to buy a used clear set on Corral new never installed. IIRC the amber is not as much in the corner, considering taking them apart in the oven and painting them black on the pieces the same way the Cobra ones are, we'll see.

And those are not some JDM bullshit yellow fog modification, those are my OEM 120,000 fogs with the original bulbs in them. Probably just look that way because of the stark difference to the low/high beam and new, clear lenses.

Nothing wrong with yellow fogs. Mine look sweet.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I don't typically like the look of projector lights on our cars, but I really like these. Nice job bro.

LDC2335

Established Member
I don't typically like the look of projector lights on our cars, but I really like these. Nice job bro.

I agree, I absolutely dispise the one piece halo projectors. That's why I gambled and got these.

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
wow, those deff look good for aftermarket. All the ones ive seen for the new edges look like..poo.

mike96gtvert

Established Member
I read every post.

what Hid's would you recomended? any links?

55wat or 35 wat?

I would like a HID kit that would great with these depo headlights.
Now what to choose, the chrome or black. :/

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

Tickle

Established Member
**** DDM.. I have them on 3 vehicles and they kinda pissed me off.. They will flickr from time to time, and they ASSRAPE you on shipping..

I ordered some off Amazon that I couldn't be happier with

Which ones did you order from amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread