Deployed in Afghanistan

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
I'm almost done with a deployment. I'm told I'll likely be heading home a month earlier since they need a couple from the company. :banana: Seen what ieds can do to a truck and have some hurt and fallen friends. I'll be glad when we all leave this country.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
glad your almost done. yeah i got to see what a 250lber would do to a matv luckly it hit the mine roller and not the cab.

chvyeter

Established Member
glad your almost done. yeah i got to see what a 250lber would do to a matv luckly it hit the mine roller and not the cab.

Yeah we still ride around with no mine roller even though we've lost two people that hit pressure plates and no mine rollers were used on them. It's terrible thinking those two 20 yr old kids could've probably still been alive. In the other truck 5 people got burned pretty badly because it blew the fuel tank up and caught the truck on fire for about 2 hours. Found out I'll be on the torch trip back so I'll be leaving in 14 days woohoo.

chvyeter

Established Member
Yes this is my first deployment. I joined late at 28 I'm now 30. I have my first little girl born 2 weeks before I left and I promise I want to do nothing but be around to see her grow up.

Digital

Established Member
Yes this is my first deployment. I joined late at 28 I'm now 30. I have my first little girl born 2 weeks before I left and I promise I want to do nothing but be around to see her grow up.

What made you join at 28?

chvyeter

Established Member
What made you join at 28?

Got tired of working as a service advisor at the Nissan dealership for the last 8 years. Decided to do something different. Plus the wife was in the reserves for 9 years total and wanted to go active but they didn't have any MP slots open they said. It's pretty difficult to join at the age I did. Mostly listening to the smart ass comments the ncos will make and they're only like 20 and you can't say shit back is annoying. I've always kind of wanted to join just never did though when I was younger.

Last

Established Member
Got tired of working as a service advisor at the Nissan dealership for the last 8 years. Decided to do something different. Plus the wife was in the reserves for 9 years total and wanted to go active but they didn't have any MP slots open they said. It's pretty difficult to join at the age I did. Mostly listening to the smart ass comments the ncos will make and they're only like 20 and you can't say shit back is annoying. I've always kind of wanted to join just never did though when I was younger.

Nothing wrong with that.

Fuerza

Established Member
Good luck on the redeployment. I just left the Stan today. 3 more days before I finally get home.

Users who are viewing this thread