Denver & Colorado Springs performance 4v engine builders

Hostlntent

Established Member
I'm looking at getting my motor "freshened up"; is there anyone in and or around the Denver / Colorado Springs area that specializes in modular engines or that you would trust building one?

cruisersk1

Established Member
Im looking right now too. I asked on Facebook and got this response in order from most to least suggestions.
P & P performance
Rob Williams Racing
Finishline
Elite Performance

And a couple with one each

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Scott at PPerformance. He did a great job on my suspension. Heard good things about his engine building skills too.

Hostlntent

Established Member
Okay sweet; I'll definitely look into these as I'm doing my homework/research so I can start something once I get back from current deployment. I still have a few months to look into this. Thanks for the suggestions guys! :rockon:

99_STROKED_GT

Established Member
Ive had two friends go through Spitfire Engine and Performance. Both are 04 Cobras. Both motors are done, one car is not running yet (TT kit not done) and the other is at 647 RWHP on pump gas with a VMP supercharger. Spitfire is actually next door to P&P I believe. Scott at P&P and Rob Williams seem to be the guys to see for tuning modulars. Greg at Finish Line knows his stuff as well. I bought me a built shortblock and did the rest of the assembly and install myself (it was very time consuming!) but I will definitely be going with Rob for my tune.

einehund

Established Member
I have a couple of guys I know go to Rocky Mountain Competitive Research (RMCR) and have heard nothing but good things about their work. Their prices ARE a little high.

Planter

Banned
appointment with Rob Williams Racing on Monday!

just gonna check the rear diff and transmission, get a quite for some new carpet install and give the car a cursory visual inspection to see if theres any areas of concern before I go throwing boost at this thing next summer.

hopefully if finances allow, a tuning day will come before the end of the year.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Finishline should NOT be on this list. They are somewhat old school, sloppy, hacks. Probably have no business building ANY motor let alone a modern Ford. Keep searching.....

I've also heard work they claim to do, they simply farm out to other shops that actually know what they are doing. Gear installs for example...Guy that did install my gears and did a great job admitted he has installed gears FOR finishline, w/o the customer knowing (they assumed FL did it). Shady at best.

I have no experience with Greg but the other 1/2 owner Johnny is a shady dude. After discovering they hacked up my rollbar install, dude offered me 100% of my $ back to shut me up. I did not accept his dirty money.

Johnny's car is a carb'd big block chevy, hacked up piece of junk corvette that never runs, LOL. Not the kind of dude I want re-building OR tuning my modern 32V Ford.

You got an old junky hot rod you need fixed up? I'm sure they can probably do that!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread