Dent Ding help

MisterChrome

Established Member
My 04 Mystichrome had a nasty ding/crease on the passenger rear quarter. I had a paintless dent removal guy come remove it and he tried but there was not much he could do because he said the metal had been too warped. He recommended a body shop but also agreed with me that it might not be worth it bc they would need to repaint the car and it probably will not match perfectly. Is there anything that can be done to improve the mark without having to repaint? The guy help remove some of it but it is still noticeable....Not sure what to do and it sucks :nonono:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Honestly bro, i'm kind of in the same boat. Not sure the severity of your dent, but i have two that were there before I owned the car. In the process in a couple of weeks getting a paintless dent remover to look at them. Mine are small and shallow....and my car is also black, not mystichrome. The dent remover guy is kind the last line of defense before you use a paint shop. It is very possible that the paint will be tough to match up, due to the car having rare paint. Talking to a body shop wouldn't hurt. If you have to repaint, and you have the $, it will be worth it, and a burden off your chest.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
please upload photo of dent. any reputable body/paint shop can do the repair and paint it. My suggestion is take the vehicle by a few of the shops you consider high end shops and let them review it. I work with shops on a daily basis since I have been an adjuster for a long time. Did you buy the car with the dent or did someone do this to your vehicle as in where you can file a claim with your insurance company.

Once you decide on a shop, tell them to spray out test cards for your review before they paint the car. The painter will spray out all the variants from the paint code and between the two of you should get a blendable match. I say blendable match since you can't butt match that color. If the dent is near the tail light you should get a smooth repair, if it is in the middle or closer to the door the shop will have to blend the door and maybe even the decklid to get it right. once painted if not happy make them respray until you like it. good luck and post results please.

MisterChrome

Established Member
I will post up a pic tomorrow. I want to live with it bc I don't want to run the risk of bad matching paint. I just don't know if I can. Money isn't a major factor but at the same time I do not want to pay a lot. Again my biggest fear is the repaint

Tractionless1

Established Member

MisterChrome

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/493729-truth-about-mystic-chrome-paint.html

Does the dent man have any expierence spraying Mystichrome? Doubt it. You can spray a small panel just fine and it matches perfect. Been there done that. Read the above thread. IMO having a Mystichrome with any type of body imperfection including paint is like taking the Prom Queen to the dance on the rag. What's the point?

Thanks for the info man! Definitely keeping this for reference and consideration if I can't live with the ding. I will post a pic and see what you guys think if it is worth the repair

Users who are viewing this thread