Denso Irridium plugs...

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Speaking of timing, what does everyone's car pull normally on full-throttle? I checked mine with an Autotap device on the last dyno and the timing was at 23 degrees.

Anyhow, I regapped my IT22 plugs to .040. The car pulls like a Mutha F'r now. Then again, it must be my imagination and the cool air tonight... :p Time for some track times.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Speaking of timing, what does everyone's car pull normally on full-throttle? I checked mine with an Autotap device on the last dyno and the timing was at 23 degrees.

Anyhow, I regapped my IT22 plugs to .040. The car pulls like a Mutha F'r now. Then again, it must be my imagination and the cool air tonight... :p Time for some track times.

Think it varied a bit. Some were said to be 20 to 22 total timing.
What HP & TQ are u making with the 23 Degress?

Jon, I thought u were going to check with the Autotap last time u posted the issue :shrug: Nothing wrong with the car?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
HP and Torque numbers are in the sig above.

450 RWHP + or - a few when hot and 480 RWTQ + or - a few when hot..

460 RWHP and 500 RWTQ when cooled down.

Pretty much average for BPU 03 cobras with 2.80" pulleys.

All numbers are SAE corrected.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Think it varied a bit. Some were said to be 20 to 22 total timing.
What HP & TQ are u making with the 23 Degress?

Jon, I thought u were going to check with the Autotap last time u posted the issue :shrug: Nothing wrong with the car?

Yes, I was going to check with the Autotap but the Palm I have is AAA battery powered, I think the M105 model. Unfortunately, the batteries loose power too easily and loose all of my applications and data quite frequently. It is in the garbage now.

Sooooo, on Saturday I went and bought a Tungsten T2 Palm with a rechargable internal battery. Now my only problem is that I need a new cable to go from the Palm to the Autotap now.

Eventually, this will all come together. For the last few weeks I've been distracted with the never-ending stereo project.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Forbidden Snake :eek: Nice Numbers :beer: Sorry should of gone back up to check for Sigs :bash:
Wounder what total timing ive got, hum....oh but u should be getting 93 Octane right?

Jon, Just checking :thumbsup: Wanted to just see if it was some thing more serious or not :D

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Thanks. We only get 92-octane fuel here in the NW. It sucks, but my car's tuned to run on the rich side and has been running pretty good. I know it's rich because it puffs out black smoke between shifts and the dyno A/F confirms it.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Thanks. We only get 92-octane fuel here in the NW. It sucks, but my car's tuned to run on the rich side and has been running pretty good. I know it's rich because it puffs out black smoke between shifts and the dyno A/F confirms it.

Or the Tail Pipes would be a nice sign as well :D

But still nice numbers on the few mods u got. Tuner knows what he is doing ;-) :beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Jon
I am kind of afraid to now. I mean, what's the point in paying $100 just to see my car missing all over the place. Maybe if it is a slow day they'll let me make multiple runs with differenct plugs and gaps.
That's weird. Apex put in some Autolite copper plugs gapped at .032" in one fast cobra's car and he gained a few hp. He hasn't said he has any drivability problems with the small plug gap. They changed his plugs because Byron said he had a miss and the car was bucking on the dyno. Turns out the center electrode of one of his stock plugs was gone. The car ate it. I wonder why your car is doing that?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I think im in the same boat as Jon is :shrug:

Going to change out my Cat Back to some thing else & hope its the fix. I hear it on some other ones but nothing like mine. The THUD if felt & heard.

Need a Autotap :bash:

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I think im in the same boat as Jon is :shrug:

Going to change out my Cat Back to some thing else & hope its the fix. I hear it on some other ones but nothing like mine. The THUD if felt & heard.

Need a Autotap :bash:

just ask bro, I can show u how to use it and let you borrow it for a few days

Users who are viewing this thread