Densecharger...worth the $150?

Mach0ne351

Established Member
hey all
im am interested in a densecharger for my 01 cobra. is it worth the $150? does anyone know of an online site that would give me a dyno numbers of it installed? thanks everyone.

-marek

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I've got the full length kit but haven't put it on yet. It looks pretty good IMHO and others have said they love theirs... (BON forums).

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRA90GT
I've got the full length kit but haven't put it on yet. It looks pretty good IMHO and others have said they love theirs... (BON forums).

Just curious, what is the full length Densecharger?? I am looking at getting a setup for my '99 cobra...

DamageInc

Banned
I have the full length 100mm Densecharger on my 01 Cobra, I can feel a bit of improvement in the high rpm's, but my one complaint is that my idle is choppier now, especially with the a/c on, I have had the Densecharger on and off twice and the problem only exists with the unit installed. Possibly an air leak but I have resealed everything so I doubt that is the cause. Also the rubber gasket that is supplied for the MAF to flange piece is a joke, way too thin and way too weak. I do think the Densecharger would be a good investment if you had a chip put in it with it to compensate for the huge increase in airflow and definitely with exhaust.
I think a drop in K&N and a trimmed snout would be a very good start on a stock motor

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I have the full lenth unit, and I love it. I only paid $115. for mine xmas special :D The Full length unit runs into in your fender well, and the shorter unit keeps the filter placed in the engine bay.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I bought my DenseCharger online at www.densecharger.com It was durring Christmas and they had them marked down.

Venom, I still have the stock MAF, but I'm getting ready to change it out soon... I'm buying a ATI Procharger and they recomend buying the Lightning OEM MAF.

willyum

Fast Enough!
Established Member
I have had mine on for about 4 months now. My '99 Cobra is also fitted with a Bassani X pipe w/cats & catback system. They explained that the stock maf was actually better with their system. I had planned to upgrade, but they said to keep your money and spend it on something else. I do have the full length version and I have a strut tower brace. It was a pain in the ... to get it to fit. You need to disconnect the battery to get the computer to learn the new system. After about 3 to 4 days of driving, my idle was fine. I have a nice aftermarket stereo system that draws a large amount of current and still doesn't effect my idle. My throttle response is better. I even noticed a deeper exhaust note. Maybe that's all in my head :D

Users who are viewing this thread