Demon vs. 720s

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

The drag times video is much better than the original one posted.

A lot of banter back and forth, I skipped to the racing and some of the post race commentary.

TLDR 720S is noticeably faster. There were 4 demons out that day with a near 0 DA and they all ran 10.04-10.1. The 720S ran 9.80s for every pass.

There was a pretty funny part, one of the owners claimed the 720S isn't stock, so they brought a tune only 720S and it went a 9.48 at like 147 lol.

Finally watched this. 27 minutes of shit talk by the demon driver, 3 minutes of racing. 10 runs, demon never broke 10 and 720 was never outside of 9.xx. It is laughable that the demon is a legit <10 sec production car.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Do you know if that was tuned by a company called Velocity ap? The guy who owns that shop is my neighbor and claims the fasted tune only 720s

I'm not sure. I can't remember if they mentioned it in the film, and I don't have time right now to look back through.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Finally watched this. 27 minutes of shit talk by the demon driver, 3 minutes of racing. 10 runs, demon never broke 10 and 720 was never outside of 9.xx. It is laughable that the demon is a legit <10 sec production car.

I'm glad my deal had issues and I passed on it. With nothing but MT's, my Challenger Hellcat runs pretty consistent 10,8xx in spring and fall. I would have been pissed if I ended up with one and it ran mid 10's.

A few of the owners I have seen talking about their drag times are saying with the full size tires, all the interior and the regular ECU, mid 10's or slower is about the best you're going to do. To get in the low 10's or high 9's reliably, you need to use the create supplied ECU with race fuel, front skinnies (or equiv), and gut the car. knowing how to drive doesn't hurt either.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just watched demonology version of the race. Its 25 minutes of boring drivel with a couple of minutes of racing. And that is the edited version. Such garbage and yet he is probably making a ton off of his channel.

Users who are viewing this thread