Demon runs [email protected]

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Who cares about top speed numbers really? Anything that does 190+ factory rated is fine with me, I believe them.LoL

The point is that this car has basic bolt ons in good weather and not running hero pass times. Do I care? No. I actually understand why the Dodge car ran what it did unlike most, what I don't understand is why Dodge chose to use those numbers knowing that even in the group of people who actually drag race their demon they know that even 1-2% won't ever be able to duplicate the time. They had unreal conditions, testing and prep for that hero run, I'm sure someone will get lucky and get pretty far into the 9's in a stock car but to do what Dodge did WILL be a chore, especially for someone who doesn't understand what it takes to get every tenth out of a car at the strip. The car is crazy fast and I'm happy they made the car, just wished they would of used a more realistic number on what they run and not have used a mineshaft DA and perfect prep. What happened when the 99 Cobra didn't live up to its specs?

I don't think many are taking anything away from the car, it's still a super impressive and fast car. It's people saying it doesn't look good when claimed times can't even happen with mods to the car because of their hero run numbers. Just one of those things I guess but if it happened with any other car people still call you out on it so of course they will this thing too especially with all the spotlight it got. Hell lots of people think they will pull the wheels on the street leaving redlights, lol.

72SBC

Established Member
I can’t wait for “ 100 dollar bill on the dash” stories from the kids these days.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I can’t wait for “ 100 dollar bill on the dash” stories from the kids these days.
Lol. So that's not just a south/southern thing huh? I always heard about that and the "jump a 2 liter pop bottle". Along with the classic 3/4 race cam, "boarded" out, and "built". Even in highschool when someone would tell me about so and so having a badass "boarded" out engine I'd ask if they used 2x4 or stepped up to the 2x6. Hilarious. BTW, sorry didn't mean to try and derail thread, just had to add to that.

_Snake_

Established Member
Has anyone seen anything, anywhere, ever......of a Demon owner complaining that their car didn’t run a 9.65?

People keep saying Joe Demon Owner was misled and will be pissed at Dodge when he doesn’t run that time, but I haven’t found anything to support it.

(Demon haters can thank me for setting that up. :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread