Demon Pricing

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Would you like to start a thread on this so we can discuss in detail? Its not my opinion its simply science, turbos are not free/perpetual energy devices. Not even close

The turbo being significantly more efficient than any blower is SETTLED science. I don't even have to look further than my own car. With more free flowing cam and heads it took 20 psi to make 725 HP 600 TQ with a 3.4 whipple versus 707 HP 650 TQ on 13 psi with my turbo kit.

I won't even get into the stupid power coyote makes at ridiculously low boost numbers with a turbo compared to what a blower has to put out.

Google is your friend, countless threads on the subject. You could call Ford up and let them know they are on the wrong track with ecoboost.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Peasant.

This is a true story. Since I live in the same area as GotHemi, I can attest to having friends with cars that run deep into the 9's and even 8's with no cage. One of my good friends had a mustang that went 8.55 @ 166. My BIL has a yellow 5th gen that runs mid 9's, and another good friend has a high 8 orange 5th gen. Then there is Mitch with the SS running 9's no cage. NPR and SCR both look the other way as long as they reasonably know who you are.

Im sorry but everyone knows there is no such thing as a fast 5th gen. Lmao

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im well aware of what a Turbo does at LOAD simply because it makes more POWER...... which is like 1% of the driving anyone does who takes their car out. the other 99% is spend wasting gas to push a 4300 lbs car.

no one said they were a magical energy devices. not sure where ur gettn that shit from but the fact is a Turbo is far more efficient then a blower and isn't making any boost under normal conditions.

the blower runs off the crank so its always running. the blower sucks engine power to make engine power. its an air pump with another air pump which is why its less efficient and gets worse gas mileage then a Turbo and makes less power. this aint rocket science bro.....

Turbo trumps a supercharger in every single way including gas mileage. no not the 1% ur in it each time u take it out I'm referring the overall gas mileage which will be comical with the Demon.

no, no and no.... the fuel economy benefit comes from less static displacement which sips fuel at light/zero load situations. Under load or at peak power a turbo motor will guzzle gas far worst than a NA and similar (if not worst) to a supercharged motor.

I could write a book on this but turbos are not magical free energy devices. The drive exhaust pressure through the turbine consumes hp similar to how a belt robs power from the flywheel.

Just for kicks look at some testing of turbos vs centrifugal supercharger at equivalent boost. Pay attention to the BSFC and the power curves.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Peasant.

This is a true story. Since I live in the same area as GotHemi, I can attest to having friends with cars that run deep into the 9's and even 8's with no cage. One of my good friends had a mustang that went 8.55 @ 166. My BIL has a yellow 5th gen that runs mid 9's, and another good friend has a high 8 orange 5th gen. Then there is Mitch with the SS running 9's no cage. NPR and SCR both look the other way as long as they reasonably know who you are.

Yup! Mitch's SS is tits!! Don't forget about hub city where you could probably drive a top fuel without a helmet. Lol

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I think NHRA allows you to run 10.0 or is it 11.0? with any 2010 and up car that has not been modified. It is doubtful that most of us would go to the track with our new Demon and get any lower than that since the car was tuned, tested, probably in perfect air and had a driver that weighs less than most of us did when we were in high school. Not to mention many NHRA records have been set at Gainesville raceway because of the good air there.
I know our track would let it run in a heartbeat.

As far as the car itself goes, it can be compared to cars of old when you could pretty much get a factory race car with a vin if that is what you wanted. One of the differences is they were often cheaper not more expensive. But hey, if people will pay for it...why not. I have to give it to Dodge they are building some really cool cars for our times. Enjoy it while it last because it won't last forever!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Meanwhile Ford is standing in the corner with erectile dysfunction while the two hot chicks proceed with the potential threesome without him.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Meanwhile Ford is standing in the corner with erectile dysfunction while the two hot chicks proceed with the potential threesome without him.
It's coming.

I got to speak with a marketing guy at my racing school from Ford. He brought it up nonchalantly, I didn't even ask lol.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a feeling that the GT500 will compete with the Hellcat. It won't hold the Demon's jockstrap.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a feeling that the GT500 will compete with the Hellcat. It won't hold the Demon's jockstrap.

I think it will compete with the Hellcat, but also compete with the ZL1 1LE.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
It's coming.

I got to speak with a marketing guy at my racing school from Ford. He brought it up nonchalantly, I didn't even ask lol.
Coming, like almost got her pregnant but pulled out in time or coming like pulled out and have to beat off for 5 minutes coming?

Users who are viewing this thread