Delrin LCA bushings

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ok, after some delays im finally getting the IRS back together and am having some issues on the passenger side front LCA bolt. The pockets were a bit tight and I had to pry them apart a bit to get the bushings. Once done The rear bolts went right in and the front hole on the front bushing lined up, but the hole on the rear is off as you can tell by upper right side of hole in pic below. The diff crossmember lines right up with the IRS but I still cant get the bolt through. Anyone else encounter this? If so, what did you do? Was this an issue on drivers side as well?

frontlca.jpg

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
That is exactly what happened to mine. I had to bore the hole closest to the muffler to get the inside hole into alignment. It didn't take much just a little. I didn't have the problem on the driver side it went right in.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
That is exactly what happened to mine. I had to bore the hole closest to the muffler to get the inside hole into alignment. It didn't take much just a little. I didn't have the problem on the driver side it went right in.
Thanks Brian, after talking I was thinking that was your issue, just wanted to get a pic up to make sure. Did you just use a little reamer or what did you use? In that pic, I have a wedge of wood hammered in under the control arm to get it as close as it is which is maybe a 1/16 or so. Prior to that with te LCA just sitting there I had prolly 3/16 miss.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
Thanks Brian, after talking I was thinking that was your issue, just wanted to get a pic up to make sure. Did you just use a little reamer or what did you use? In that pic, I have a wedge of wood hammered in under the control arm to get it as close as it is which is maybe a 1/16 or so. Prior to that with te LCA just sitting there I had prolly 3/16 miss.

To be honest I used a drill bit I think it was 5/8" and drilled it out. You don't want to use pressure to install the bolt or you will have a bind issue like I did originally and the car felt like a pogo because that side wasn't moving.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
So basically bolt the rear up and just widen the hole how it sits? Run a big bit through the side I can get the bolt started on and through the back side huh?

Users who are viewing this thread