Delrin Bushing Grease

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
What type of grease is everyone using for the delrin control arm bushings, and where did you get it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
PROTHANE, comes with the MM bushings. Used to be able to get it at Ramchargers (they are gone)

I might have a few left, have to check.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=374

19-1750.jpg

I tried some other supposed super lube with the brand n junk, no difference, still ate themselves.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Postban

I was thinking about installing grease fitting in mine. Delrin is suppose to be self lubrication but I think over the long haul re-greasing the bushing would be better. Any views on this? How well do they hold up?

I have the MM bushings. The upper bushing actually rotates between the outside surface of the bushing and the UCA hole. What are people doing to prevent is from rotaing from the outside? Pin it?

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
Hmmm..... Nick's = crap, agreed. Now I get to deal with them. One guy said use heavy duty waterproof wheel bearing grease. I'm not sure what to do now. Hopefully I can come up with a reasonable solution to get me through the summer. Mine are getting chewed up in a hurry. I got the black paste of death between the delrin and the aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread