Delivery......??

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I have had a LS "in-transit" for weeks now, and the dealer said that the train of cars were unloaded somewhere in transit to have faulty door handles repaired.....

I find it weird that the FMC first payment is almost due and the car is not yet at the dealer.....

Seems weird to me? Anyone else getting info like this?

Mike

nccstud

Established Member
I have had a LS "in-transit" for weeks now, and the dealer said that the train of cars were unloaded somewhere in transit to have faulty door handles repaired.....

I find it weird that the FMC first payment is almost due and the car is not yet at the dealer.....

Mike

I haven't yet gotten info like this. But I've read about a bunch of people that have had the same kind of bad luck. There are a few people that I have heard of who had cars built mid to end of April and are still waiting with little to no information on why. So yes, it is happening, but this is the first I've heard of the door handles being the reason.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
BTW in your signature you have Black and Orange listed for the LS...its Black and REd.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
BTW in your signature you have Black and Orange listed for the LS...its Black and REd.

True, I was wrong! Fixed it. Thanks.

How fast is your truck? I have friends with similar HP and TQ running 13's!

Mike

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
True, I was wrong! Fixed it. Thanks.

How fast is your truck? I have friends with similar HP and TQ running 13's!

Mike

Its just got a tune in it, but still damn quick for a 8k lb brick!

AntG@DanaFord

Driver-Mod
Established Member

Mike

I have not heard of any Handle Issue!?
how much Over did ya have to pay?
and as curious also the 1st payment is Due?
you financed it already?

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I have not heard of any Handle Issue!?
how much Over did ya have to pay?
and as curious also the 1st payment is Due?
you financed it already?

~8K over.... Want to sell me yours?

First payment is due 7/10..... Financed through FMCC.

Mike

nccstud

Established Member
You signed all of the financing paperwork and got all that started before the car was even there? That doesn't make sense in itself. Mine is supposed to be here today(not holding my breath for that one). I have everything ready to go in regards to down payment and everything, but I haven't actually filled anything out, or given them any money other than the money for my deposit.

Last edited:

AntG@DanaFord

Driver-Mod
Established Member
~8K over.... Want to sell me yours?

First payment is due 7/10..... Financed through FMCC.

Mike

never heard of a dealer signing up a contract like that

ours is here OWNERS asking 20k over may have a shot @ 15 and my car is here in the flesh!
pics can be seen at: drivedana.com

-Anthony G

nccstud

Established Member
Yeah, paying sticker is the way to go for sure! Granted, I didn't get a LS, so that made it a little easier. But you know what they say, a sucker is born every minute. So all you have to do is find that one guy who will pay 20k over and then the joke is on everyone else. But if you can't find that one guy, then the car sits on the lot for a long, long time.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Wow, you took a chance financing a car before it has even been delivered. I hope it arrives soon.

AntG@DanaFord

Driver-Mod
Established Member
Yeah, paying sticker is the way to go for sure! Granted, I didn't get a LS, so that made it a little easier. But you know what they say, a sucker is born every minute. So all you have to do is find that one guy who will pay 20k over and then the joke is on everyone else. But if you can't find that one guy, then the car sits on the lot for a long, long time.

you left that part out! I thought ya got a LS for MSRP, reg 302 Boss I have seen for list sold my 1st one for like 6k over, hey if people would come in and just pay MSRP for everycar we'd all be in good shape although once in a while when I go to the food store I have the urge to try and negotiate my grocery bill lol!

it's a dealers way of making some money off the cars they got allocated by their hard work for the allocation!

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Yes, and so have many others after much searching..

I had worked with all the dealers within a 150 mile radius, and through the Ford website for a Boss, and one of the dealers wanted ~$6K over for a standard Boss 302....... All the others had no allocation.......

My car is coming from Deland Ford in Orange City, FL........ Hopefully!?

Dave, You got a GREAT deal with your car for MSRP! Do you have yours yet?

I am not real happy with the financing going in before the car arrives.... Ford gave pre-approval for 30 days, and that is why it is in place...??

Mike

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I will also add that paying more than MSRP has me feeling like I paid for something I should'nt..... A little buyers remorse.....

Mike

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Mike,

My car isn't even built yet, so I have a bit of a wait still. It's a second quarter car.

Mine is coming from a dealer in Alabama, they are getting 8 Boss 302's and 2 Laguna Secas, all at sticker. I have it in writing with a deposit.

I hope you didn't take my comments as a dig at you. I'm just glad I paid sticker, and, like you, have plenty of other toys to hold me over till the new one comes in.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Mike,

My car isn't even built yet, so I have a bit of a wait still. It's a second quarter car.

Mine is coming from a dealer in Alabama, they are getting 8 Boss 302's and 2 Laguna Secas, all at sticker. I have it in writing with a deposit.

I hope you didn't take my comments as a dig at you. I'm just glad I paid sticker, and, like you, have plenty of other toys to hold me over till the new one comes in.

Dave,

Absolutely not! That is great you got yours for MSRP! Looking forward to driving mine!

I'll see you at the Sept. Funspot Show!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread