Deleting the EGR?

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
After swapping my injectors and reassembling I noticed the EGR is the biggest pain in the ass about the job and other than that it just looks bad. How many of you have deleted your EGR? Any cons other than maybe losing a little fuel mileage? What is the best way to deleted it (Plug, plate ect.) ?

sleek98

Established Member
I deleted mine using the Lethal kit. I ended up picking up a 2 into 1 F fitting from oreillys for the vacuum hose to the SIP sensor.

Left the SIP sensor plugged in with a line to vac/boost on the bottom side and then capped the outlet that runs next to the electrical plug.

Cannot comment on the MPG change as I changed too much other stuff at once.

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm glad you mentioned an "egr delete kit" I was already looking to make one but that is much easier. @sleek98 where did you tie in your vacuum from your SIP sensor to your blower?

sleek98

Established Member
This has to be the worst photo ever, but all i have on my phone.

https://postimage.org/

I got the F adapter from oreillys in the vacuum hose section for like 2-3 bucks to tie in to factory spot where it would normally plug in to both the sip sensor and the valve. Otherwise you have 3 different sized vacuum hoses from the bypass valve, the sip sensor and the side of the blower where it ties into. It was just easier, but not as clean looking.

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Not a terrible pic just not the best lol. Thanks man I will be able to tell more when looking at my car. You can block off 2 of the 3 ports on the SIP sensor leaving only one to tie into is the direction I am being pointed.

sleek98

Established Member
There will only be 2 ports left once you take the sip sensor off the metal valve itself. small one on the bottom to attach the the F fitting. and a larger one on top plug that. There will be an electrical prong sticking out the back. I put a vacuum cap over that too.

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
I'm sorry I was only asking where you tied back in to the VMP. See you can block off all ports but 1 meaning its not necessary to run an 'F' adapter. I found a good write up but it only shows where he tied to on his whipple. Like I said I may be able to tell more when I am next to the car. Thanks man.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/07-14-shelby-gt500-egr-delete-how-to.1024344/

IMAG2424.jpg
IMAG2425.jpg
IMAG2686.jpg

sleek98

Established Member
The passenger side port of the supercharger feeds the bypass valve and the egr. There is nothing left to plug. Main issue you run into is the passenger side port, the bypass valve and the sip sensor are all different size hose.

So you can come off the vmp run a T then reduce down to the correct size for the bypass and then reduce the other leg down to the sip. To me that left 10 connection points. Getting the adapter for the stock piece of line leaves you 6 connection points.

Users who are viewing this thread