Delaminating Air Filter?

Qwk GT

Established Member
I was just doing some reading on my car (new to me, 07 gt500) and came across the article from edmonds about the delaminating air filter, and that it affected early production cars. From my car fax, it looks like imy car would be an early car, and am wondering if I may be affected by this. (due to a fluttering type sound I sometimes hear)

The article states that Ford updated the air filter. I'm assuming when I google gt500 replacement air filters all of the part #'s they are giving are the updated ones?

Can anyone advise the part # for the old filters and the updated one?

Thanks,

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Replace it with a Purolator filter and you will be fine. No need to run the factory Ford one.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Mine had that issue. Stock baseline was way low, after installing FRPP intake and tune it made a rather large gain.

Any reason you don't want to replace the OEM airbox?

Qwk GT

Established Member
The only reason for not putting a cold air on it is that I don't really want to spend the $ for a tuner/canned tune to go with it. Just got the car and put a good amount down, so a replacement filter should do for now. I knew the car would be a little slower than my 04, but it just feels a little week and I would like it to perform at least the way it should. (not sure if I have the issue, but just to be safe)

I was thinking a K&N drop in, or a replacement filter. I believe the part # ford gave me was FA1807. I guess I could use the puralator filter, just want something that I don't have to worry about any "delaminating".

Anybody know if the FA1807 is the updated filter? Or any other input on the puralator or other filters?

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Aonebadbone

Established Member
Stay away from the K&N Ford found out about this problem early on and changed the filter design. There was a TSB on this also. I would stick with the ford filter. If you think the filter is $10 think again i think they are more than $50

Users who are viewing this thread