Dehydrators - jerky lovers

PureStang

Established Member
So my trusty old dehydrator decided to kick it today. I bought it in 2007 when i moved to college, and have made about 6 batches a year of beef/goose/duck jerky.

What dehydrators are you guys using? Best bang for the buck? I am looking for one that can stack 10-12 trays high.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
So my trusty old dehydrator decided to kick it today. I bought it in 2007 when i moved to college, and have made about 6 batches a year of beef/goose/duck jerky.

What dehydrators are you guys using? Best bang for the buck? I am looking for one that can stack 10-12 trays high.

We use an American Harvest dehydrator.
We have had it for over 10+ years and it still works like a charm.
Ours came with 4 or 5 trays but you can always add more.

Bronze123

Established Member
Amazon.com: Nesco/American Harvest FD-80 Square-Shaped Dehydrator: Kitchen & Dining

I have this one. It's made of a nice plastic, and haven't had any problems cleaning up grease. The motor on top beats those electric ones on the bottom, in my past they melt trays. It holds plenty, I did a batch of jerky yesterday. two trays held me about 4lbs.

Looks like it can only go to 8 trays tall though. I threw my two cents into this though.

PureStang

Established Member
thanks for the responses.

I was looking at the FD-80. No deal breaker with only 8 trays...it'll just take me another day make my batches, usually 2-3 at a time with different flavors. I make a bunch and give it to family and friends

99GTvert

Established Member
Use a box fan with furnace filters bungeed to it. No heat, true dehydrator. "Dehydrators" you get at the store actually slightly cook the meat.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Amazon.com: Nesco/American Harvest FD-80 Square-Shaped Dehydrator: Kitchen & Dining

I have this one. It's made of a nice plastic, and haven't had any problems cleaning up grease. The motor on top beats those electric ones on the bottom, in my past they melt trays. It holds plenty, I did a batch of jerky yesterday. two trays held me about 4lbs.

Looks like it can only go to 8 trays tall though. I threw my two cents into this though.

This is the one I have and just make some Deer Jerkey this weekend. So far it has worked great but I do not use it alot.

Users who are viewing this thread