Definitive answer on Fox struts in a lowered SN95

mustang3X

Established Member
Did a search and read quite a few threads on this and other forums and cannot seem to find an absolute answer on whether or not it is better to install fox body struts on the sn95.

Anyone use fox struts? do they offer better ride/handling due to their being 1" shorter?

Murderedsvt

Established Member
Yes they ride way better than sn95 struts it does lower just a little bit not very noticeable but getting in and out of my garage I now scrape before I didn't

CJK440

Established Member
How do different length struts affect ride height?

I can see a shorter strut body increasing wheel travel before hitting a bumpstop.

mustang3X

Established Member
How do different length struts affect ride height?

I can see a shorter strut body increasing wheel travel before hitting a bumpstop.

Yes, that point was mentioned many times in the posts, however there was no overwhelming consensus that everyone is using the fox strut because of this. (and no engineering data to back it up, although I didn't expect there would be)

Unlike a "what gear" thread where 99.999% of the responses is "4.10 minimum" didn't get that same warm fuzzy about the fox struts.

Regardless, it is fox struts I'll be using, just wanted a few thoughts on it.

96dreamer

Established Member
im running fox length shocks and struts, nothing to compare it to becuase i went straight to coilovers but they ride fine and dont make any weird noises aside from the strange struts with the mm cc plates.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Struts will not effect ride hight. Only the spring will, a shorter fox strut will only increase the travel you lost in lowering the car. Longer boddied struts = less travel between the top of the strut and bump stop shorter struts= more travel from top of strut to the bump stop.

All extra movment will come from the up stroke of the strut AKA wheel tuck.

Users who are viewing this thread