Defective Computer - No Replacment

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
My main engine computer is defective on my 2004 Cobra and the dealer tells me FORD has none anywhere in the USA! NONE! and they don't know if they will ever have a replacement. What do I do? See if Steeda or Kenny Bell or whoever might have a replacement and buy it and have FORD PAY FOR IT? How the hell can a Car be one year old and FORD doens't have any replacement parts? Should I tell FORD to replace the CAR with on with ZERO miles on it?

Any suggestions and Ideas?

GLWBEAR

oldmodman

Established Member
If the dealer can't fix the car within 30 days I think you can demand a refund under the lemon law. But you should do a search on lemon laws in your state.
I also think you dealer's parts man may be an idiot. Get the part number and call some of the Ford parts discounters that have posted on this site. Never take a car dealers word for ANYTHING! If they tell you it is night look out the window to make sure tha sun isn't out.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
There is a business in this country, which deals in carnage and wrecks. Some call them "Junkyards". Others call them "Used Parts Dealers". You see, they take wrecked vehicles, then strip off all of the parts which are not damaged, and sell them on the open market, usually for half the price of new OEM parts. Perhaps someone in this business sector might have a wrecked Cobra.

OTOH, since these are such sedate cars, chances are that no one has ever wrecked one, so the possibility of a used computer might be very remote. Infintesimal. Non existant. Nada.

Last edited:

orange2004cobra

Established Member
I say thats a load of crap..
Go to another dealer..
Hell, call Gene Evans Ford in Atlanta Georgia, they probably have one in stock..
Or Parkway Ford in Atlanta for that matter..
L.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i find this really hard to accept as fact, there has to be a replacement some where. isn't this a regular computer for a mustang with a different program?

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
dont do all that work. go to the dealer and tell them its either a new computer or a new car. its as simple as that

Users who are viewing this thread