Deer vs Kona 302

apex000

Established Member
i'm quite the lurker , hi i'm T'erre and i have a 2011 5.0 . owned the car for about 6 months so far , previously owned a BMW M3 .

Last night , around 9:30 i was traveling down Capitol of Texas highway 360 headed towards downtown to attend a friends Halloween house party . every thing was going smooth , until ... a deer decided to take a nice stroll on to the road on a blind corner.

For the past few years i've lived in this area and drove on 360 i have never seen a deer on that road . . . EVER. after i blew off some steam on the side of the road for about 30 mins i went to look for the animal and it was no where to be found , i'm amazed a deer can be hit at 60 to 65 mph by a 3600 lb car and still manage to run away from the scene . . .

Last edited:

bmoney50

Established Member
dang that really sucks..I have hit several deer sure hope I don't hit one with my mustang.

johndnardi08

Established Member
damn man.. good thing you are ok.. car is fixable and the wheels seems good too.. we dont have deer here in S. FL so only thing we gotta watch out for is Seniors and homeless people

4VFTW

Established Member
he was probably so shocked at how dirty your car is he froze

kidding of course and that sucks...but no really clean your car.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Ouch, that deer is likely dead. Be thankful it didn't come up over the hood and hit the a-pilar\windshield and possibly even hit you through the windshield. People hit deer all the time around here - I know three people personally that have hit one. It's one the reasons I've decided I've got to do something about the sorry stock lights on my car.

apex000

Established Member
That sucks man! Looks like you wheel and tire are still good though so that's a plus.
i was quite sure that the wheel and tires where done for that night , i couldn't see much , 360 is a dark stretch of a curvy road.

dang that really sucks..I have hit several deer sure hope I don't hit one with my mustang.
it's definitely a crappy feeling .

Shit will buff out
:lol1:

damn man.. good thing you are ok.. car is fixable and the wheels seems good too.. we dont have deer here in S. FL so only thing we gotta watch out for is Seniors and homeless people
:lol1:

he was probably so shocked at how dirty your car is he froze

kidding of course and that sucks...but no really clean your car.
:lol1: the car was clean-ish , i ran it through a quick wash before i went out that night . we had about a weeks worth of hard rain , pretty rare . what you're seeing on the side of the car is a mixture of deer guts of some sort and a small puddle when i pulled over to the side of the road , it's pretty gross . my car is usually clean , i hate dirty car .

Ouch, that deer is likely dead. Be thankful it didn't come up over the hood and hit the a-pilar\windshield and possibly even hit you through the windshield. People hit deer all the time around here - I know three people personally that have hit one. It's one the reasons I've decided I've got to do something about the sorry stock lights on my car.

yeah i avoided him a bit to avoid a head on accident , now i see why people in this area own large King Ranch F 250s with large grill's , seriously considering one of those for a daily driver .

at least you have dinner..

true . it's been awhile since i've had some deer meat .

rath

Established Member
Real bummer man. I grew up in the Austin area (Buda) and am all too familiar with this feeling. Hope you''re able to get it pieced back together and looking better than ever. I had a deer no kidding side door me 10ish years ago.

TRDon

Established Member
In communist Texas, deer hit you. Looks as though he smoked your fender and spun and his ass hit the door. Bummer to see that man.

apex000

Established Member
at least you didn't try and swerve and run off and hit a tree and kill yourself.
yeah , that was not an option .
Real bummer man. I grew up in the Austin area (Buda) and am all too familiar with this feeling. Hope you''re able to get it pieced back together and looking better than ever. I had a deer no kidding side door me 10ish years ago.
:??: wth ? o_O that's nuts
In communist Texas, deer hit you. Looks as though he smoked your fender and spun and his ass hit the door. Bummer to see that man.

i honestly couldnt tell you what exactly happened , i remember driving ; seeing a deer , trying to move out it's way and pulling over ... all i remember the rest is a blur of censored words and completely losing my mind for about 30 mins . :burnout:

clean92lx

Established Member
I...would...throw...up if I saw my car busted up like that, I would actually be so disgusted I would have to sell it. Sorry to see that happen to you OP

DWalker

Established Member
Damn that sucks man. I had one do very similar damage to a new edge GT I had a few years back, caved the fender in right behind the headlight and it spun around and caved the door in right at the door handle. Deer didn't survive but I got out and kicked the shit out of it to blow off some steam. Lmao

Users who are viewing this thread