Deer Strike! New Hood HELP!!!

TurdFergusun

Established Member
I hit a deer on the interstate. I was able to slow down the car enough to minimize the damage to body only. I have USAA and the will only let them replace parts with Ford Factory parts which is great, however Ford no longer makes the hood. They are giving me a check to find a hood on my own. I'm looking at the TruCarbon A45 Carbon Fiber hood but cant find any reviews. I have a 2.9L Whipple w/Crusher. Anyone work with them and have any experience with the fit? Also I was going with this hod to not have to paint it, just clear coat.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I would say be careful, most of their hoods have vents glassed in, so there will be no changing any vents and such I think.

Zemedici

Established Member
I hit a deer on the interstate. I was able to slow down the car enough to minimize the damage to body only. I have USAA and the will only let them replace parts with Ford Factory parts which is great, however Ford no longer makes the hood. They are giving me a check to find a hood on my own. I'm looking at the TruCarbon A45 Carbon Fiber hood but cant find any reviews. I have a 2.9L Whipple w/Crusher. Anyone work with them and have any experience with the fit? Also I was going with this hod to not have to paint it, just clear coat.

What's the name of the guy that's a vendor on here and does carbon fiber? Carbon Driven? I know he had something in the works.

Also, the hood is fiberglass, so depending on how bad it's thrashed it can be fixed.

TurdFergusun

Established Member
What's the name of the guy that's a vendor on here and does carbon fiber? Carbon Driven? I know he had something in the works.

Also, the hood is fiberglass, so depending on how bad it's thrashed it can be fixed.

The hood and bumper are completely trashed, Driver's side front fender also replaced. I got lucky and thats the brunt of the damage

Zemedici

Established Member
Last edited:

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Try certifit.com Some locations still had hoods.

And Keystone had some too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread