DEEP Scratch on my '03 Cobra front bumper!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I was wondering what you guys recommend for this? The deep gash is about 4 inches long, and about a 1/4 inch wide and it's a few inches away from the fog light. A friend said i should sand the area down, then fill some puddy in the deep gash. after this i should put some touch-up on it and it will make it almost unoticeable and i'm sure it would help it more then the way it looks now.

And also, where could i get some of this "puddy"?

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
For the kind of damage you are talking about, I would recommend a professional. Check your local listings for a company like Chips Away, or M.A.R.S. They specialize in these kind of repairs.

Chris

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i don't want to be paying out the ass for a simple repair i can do myself. for the amount i'd pay those guys i'd be better off getting a whole new bumper because theirs already another scratch on it (dumbass previous owner). i think i can puddy it in and then sand over it, and then put touch-up over it. although a new bumper is really starting to cross my mind.

Scott P

Established Member
Keep in mind you are working ona flexible portion of your car's body. You may need special fillers (what you call "puddy") and a paint with a flex agent added in. Otherwise, the repair may crack as the bumper flexes. Like Chris suggested, I would still take it to a pro for an estimate. A companythat specilazes in spot repairs like this would give much better results than a home-job for much less than a full repaint.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
it's only about a half a thumbnail deep, i think i can do it i just wanna know what the "puddy" is called and where i can get it.

Users who are viewing this thread