Deep Dish 17's? IRS Bolt?

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
I'm shopping for wheels, trying to avoid 18's because of the ride quality and pot holes in my area, afraid I'll pinch a tire. Plus I have a good set of Nitto's I'd hate to see go to waste going back to a regular performance tire.

I was told the only reason why you can't put deep dish 17's on 03-04 Cobra's is because of an IRS bolt that rubs. I won't be able to get my car up in the air until the end of the week to see if it's true or not and I want to get these wheels & tires ordered before I change my mind.

I'll go to 18's if I have to, but I'd prefer not...

Any truth to this?:uh oh:

Coiled03

Established Member
Odds are you're going to have issues, yes. It depends on the offset, and backspacing. But, I don't know of many people running aftermarket, deep dish 17" wheels who don't have issues. With 18s, all your worries go away. The extra inch of diameter gets rid of the cleranace problems.

72 fastback

Established Member
you may just need a 1/4" spacer or less if you fix the irs bolt.look up 04sleeper with his setup you'll love it with his old 17 combo.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I have factory tenth rims., widened to 11 in with a 21mm(I think) spacer from eibach,., no issues at all :thumbsup:

FlawlezSS

Established Member
Just grind em down, I did it with no problems with plenty of clearance, also make sure you leave enough so the bolt is still functional

Users who are viewing this thread